Grandmas Ride

I know already Im pushing it at this point bc I wont be getting on the bike till 630 or 7. I rush to get ready and hit the road at 7pm. 20 mins in RAIN. But I saw Jeff! Hi Jeff!!! Ok it should be a scattered shower, it wont last long. It feels nice.

Hi Fred. Somehow I always feel less stupid when I pass another rider while getting rained on. :p

Glad you made it home OK. Call me if you get in trouble again, we're practically neighbors now.

Hi Fred. Somehow I always feel less stupid when I pass another rider while getting rained on. :p

Glad you made it home OK. Call me if you get in trouble again, we're practically neighbors now.

LOL thanks Jeff! We are So close! I knew it was getting near borderline stupidity when I began to think about an article I read about a guy who the only time he did not finish a ride was bc of an injury. He went on about how he would never not finish a ride. Why not me right??? LOL The only way I was gonna call was if my light died sooner. I am alive and well today!:getsome::getsome:

More Like Cardiac Arrest!

I made the trip up to the grand ol' town of Glenwood this morning not ride with the man they call Roger Focco.

We hit his most famed "Triple Bypass" loop. What a great ride. This was only my second time riding in the great upstate. Even on a foggy day with low clouds and limited site distance, the scenery was great. This worked to our favor as the heat was low and we stayed cool as a result.

I really think the toughest part of the ride is getting out to the start of the three climbs. There are some good rollers that have a few nasty sections that really sting the legs. It took me a while to get warmed up which added to the sting early on.

Two big ones up 17a and finally Cascade rd. These climbs were great bc you could settle into a good tempo to the top. I enjoyed watching the elevation numbers just climb!

A fantastic ride and I must thank Rog for leading us out. Even better was his great hospitality and his yummy lunch.

Thanks ROGER!!!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10039770

Looks like Fred has given up on his own thread. He waited really long to get his stuff ready for CX season. He came over my place so I could help him out. I swapped parts on one of his bikes while he mounted his tubular tires.

CIMG6437Small.jpg

CIMG6439Small.jpg

Here is round two of the wrestling match:

On Saturday, we carpooled up to Trexlertown for the first CX race of the Mid-Atlantic Series (MAC). I think my bad procrastination habits are rubbing off on Fred. He is putting sealant in his tubulars at the venue.

CIMG6455Small.jpg

Warming up on the trainer.

CIMG6459Small.jpg

Pre-riding the course. There would be no smiling later during the race. :getsome:

CIMG6458Small.jpg

Fred rode well for a 6th place in the B race. He followed it up the next day with another top 10 result in Baltimore. Welcome to Cross season. Game ON!!! :getsome:

I have learned this weekend why they are called the Killer B's. My legs are KILLING me!!!

Cross is on and all is good!:D:D

Back
Top Bottom