Grandmas Ride

I rode Woody's bike with a 20t this past weekend at LM and I thought it was fine and dandy.

I blame Jim! Thanks!

Anytime son. It was fun to fumble around like idiots because we're "roadies" now:rofl:

And we had to escape the serpent of death!! You saw he tried to kill me!!

3189_1152309289872_1291834825_406518_1666275_n.jpg

-Jim.

Last edited:
last week was a rest week. only seven hours of very mild riding. but i did get out with ben and norm for a few hours. :D

I am looking to step up the intensity for the next couple of weeks before the wedding although I do plan on keeping some sort of fitness with a variety of exercise. :rolleyes:

Nothing tuesday, but put in two hard hours on the road yesterday and a good 1.5 on the trainer today:drooling:.

trainer! and 1.5 hours, whats the matter with you, son! You have a good hill right where you live that should take the place of a trainer this time of year! :mad:

trainer! and 1.5 hours, whats the matter with you, son! You have a good hill right where you live that should take the place of a trainer this time of year! :mad:

I actually started outside. five minutes in i was pretty wet and didnt feel like being cold and wet for two hours. I know, I didnt like it either. Trying to ride tempo on the trainer is painful :drooling:

Monday: Sleep, eat, no bike

Tuesday: Recoveryish ride with 40 or so minutes of tempo paced intervals-http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8258955

Weds: TEST: 3mi TT-http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8265271
I had this scoped out for a couple of days and was looking forward to doing this. Apparently Franklin twp must have unlimited funds for tree cutting bc there has not been one day I have not seen them out since I moved. This day they chose Canal Rd, right where I wanted to be! So I had to change locations. The section had a slight rise on the way back which really rubbed in the hurt, instead of the nice smooth and flat section:getsome:.

Ill need to repeat all these tests to evaluate how im doing.

Today was a good one. I have not done a good structured interval workout in a while. 10s hard out of the saddle followed by 60s of more pushing. These are to simulate attacks during a race. Dont think I was warmed up well enough for the first few but I was feeling good by the end. 7 reps with 5 min recovery in between.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8271745

Blah blah blah:drooling:

Monday: Sleep, eat, no bike

Tuesday: Recoveryish ride with 40 or so minutes of tempo paced intervals-http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8258955

Weds: TEST: 3mi TT-http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8265271
I had this scoped out for a couple of days and was looking forward to doing this. Apparently Franklin twp must have unlimited funds for tree cutting bc there has not been one day I have not seen them out since I moved. This day they chose Canal Rd, right where I wanted to be! So I had to change locations. The section had a slight rise on the way back which really rubbed in the hurt, instead of the nice smooth and flat section:getsome:.

Ill need to repeat all these tests to evaluate how im doing.

Today was a good one. I have not done a good structured interval workout in a while. 10s hard out of the saddle followed by 60s of more pushing. These are to simulate attacks during a race. Dont think I was warmed up well enough for the first few but I was feeling good by the end. 7 reps with 5 min recovery in between.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8271745

Blah blah blah:drooling:

Shouldn't you be using up your last days of freedom with street hookers or something??

Wedding Day Wrap Up

CIMG5928Small.jpg
From start to finish, yesterday was an absolutely amazing day. It really was AWESOME to see so many of you guys at my place. It truly was a gathering for the ages. The ride was so much fun. We hit a few new roads in the area that were pretty sick. THANKS BEN FOR GETTING ME HOME SAFE AND ON TIME!!!! I still think we should have all rode to the church.

The day for me really started of pretty routinely. Wake up, take a crap and get ready to chill with my hommies on the bike for a few hours. I think I was pretty relaxed for the most part. Things started to become very real as I was getting dressed and I saw everyone else all ready to go. It was like a smack in the face. YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED! I was a bit out of sorts for a while. A beer and some whiskey calmed me down for a bit.

The church ceremony was super smooth and very very nice. I finally started to relax as Linda came down the aisle. We took pictures at Princeton University which was a lot of fun, although after an hour of smiling I WAS READY TO PARTY!!!!

The reception was an absolute blast! I HAD SO MUCH FUN! I was a dancing fool and my body is quite sore from it. We had Chimay and Dogfish Head 90 min. By the end of the night I was pretty damn drunk.

What a great time! I am truly lucky to have the friends that I do and I am so happy to have shared the day with you. You guys helped to make it so great!!!!

Time to finish packing. Dominican Republic...HERE WE COME!
CIMG5946Small.jpg

Danger!

Yesterday was pretty borderline disaster. I got out of work 1.5 hours late. Ok no biggie. I get home and find out I dont have my key to get in. I took the wrong keys. I have to run to the in laws thru traffic and turn around. GREAT!

I know already Im pushing it at this point bc I wont be getting on the bike till 630 or 7. I rush to get ready and hit the road at 7pm. 20 mins in RAIN. But I saw Jeff! Hi Jeff!!! Ok it should be a scattered shower, it wont last long. It feels nice.

Now here is where the wheels really start to fall off. I reach down for a drink and realize there are no bottles on my bike! Lucky for me I put one in my jersey pocket. All is not lost bc there are a few places along the way I can grab some more fluids. Store 1 closed. Store 2 CLOSED! FUCK! Ooo a vending machine! But I only have a ten!

Ok time to get home. Its dark but I have my lights. Ill just enjoy this for what it is. Im on my bike. Then this ridiculously thick fog rolls in! I am on the back roads of Hunterdon county. No street lights and my light is not helping either. I can see only about 3 feet in front of me. I almost rode of the road. NOT FUN!!!! I nearly had 3 physical encounters with deer in the middle of the road. But I did see many frogs and turtles!

I was begging to get home. This really was not fun and was pretty dangerous. Even if I wanted to I had no one to call to save me. Linda and her sister where in NYC. But I wasnt going to do that, I would finish! I finally got onto 518 where I could relax. I could actually see where the road was going. And just as you would have it my headlight died. Luckily I was 5 min from home.

I was pretty fried when I rolled through the door. Showered up, ate and then went right to bed. Today I punched out from riding. Mental Health Day. :D

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8427652

I will give you 2 quotes that I used from my thread yesterday:

1. These are the days champions are made.
2. There's a fine line between dedication and stupidity.

Take your pick :)

Back
Top Bottom