Car-spotting thread

bergsnj

I worked at a VW shop, had to drive VW beetles and buses all the time....Which is why I HATE them with a passion. God the amount of times I was stranded on the side of the road in the VW bus we used as our parts pick up vehicle. Slowest vehicles I have ever driven, worst sound, terrifying handling, complete garbage reliability....oh and added bonus...commissioned by one of the most despicable humans who has ever lived. I had more fun driving a forklift.
those air cooled VW engines are basically oversized lawn mower engines.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
those air cooled VW engines are basically oversized lawn mower engines.
It's amazing how long they (Porsche) stuck with it.

They basically went oil-cooled with the radiator sized oil coolers and 12 quarts of oil in the system before giving in.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Guys are reporting 30-45 days wait in Emden port before catching a ride. So, hoping for May delivery but planning on June. Boo.
You just taking delivery of the car and heading down to NC/TN for Tail of the Dragon and such?

Expecting you to stop by for giving rides.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's see you drive this with a 2x4, @UtahJoe

even if this car didnt have power steering....its 289 car....I could drive this with my pinky finger compared to my big block

Captain Brainstorm

It's amazing how long they (Porsche) stuck with it.

They basically went oil-cooled with the radiator sized oil coolers and 12 quarts of oil in the system before giving in.
The Porsche version is not the same as the garbage VW stuffed in the beetles and buses. The Porsche version is actually known for its reliability.

In the neighborhood
Oh shit, I know where that is! My son was over there yesterday drooling all over that car. He even went and rang the doorbell to talk to the owner about it, but no one was home. Said it had Recaro seats, Momo wheel, and was super clean. No rust on the underside either.

Top Bottom