Car-spotting thread

PTS. $11,200. And currently closed until MY24. Not sure PTS fits the T "ethos" of a value-performance 911, but I was considering it with a GTS purchase. Irish Green. Ferry Porsche's favorite color.

But you bring up a good point. I am struggling at times with Python and considering Guards Red. Mostly, because the rear bumper looks a little frumpy in lighter colors without the Sport Design bumper package (which I am absolutely not getting; I'm not paying $4700 for plastic and less of an approach angle). Am I crazy or does the red look better from the back than the green? I also like the way the red plays off the gray accents, it's a very classic color, and it's a free color. Python is $3200.

Vote now; my order locks 3/9.

View attachment 208553View attachment 208554
I think Conda green is more classic than the guards red.
You can't go wrong with either. And yeah, there was a viper green before the python green in the Porsche world.
I vote Guards Red even if Python green will probably be worth more when you sell it.

Saw this one near my house yesterday. It was on the wrong side of the road when I saw it initially, before it was on the rollback. Corvette parts all over the place (one of the responding police cars got a flat!). Best guess: it was cool out and still damp and our hero stood on the gas at the wrong time. Alternate: driver wasn't paying attention to stopped cars and plowed into one but the Corvette was the only car at the scene.
Corvette.jpg

PTS. $11,200. And currently closed until MY24. Not sure PTS fits the T "ethos" of a value-performance 911, but I was considering it with a GTS purchase. Irish Green. Ferry Porsche's favorite color.

But you bring up a good point. I am struggling at times with Python and considering Guards Red. Mostly, because the rear bumper looks a little frumpy in lighter colors without the Sport Design bumper package (which I am absolutely not getting; I'm not paying $4700 for plastic and less of an approach angle). Am I crazy or does the red look better from the back than the green? I also like the way the red plays off the gray accents, it's a very classic color, and it's a free color. Python is $3200.

Vote now; my order locks 3/9.

View attachment 208553View attachment 208554
It must be red

Somewhere a few pages back I had posted my car getting hauled into a tow truck.

Well I finally spotted my car - back in my driveway after being at the dealership since February 4th (yup over a month).

If there was ever a time a CPO warranty paid for itself this was it. Here’s the list of what they replaced and approx cost if I didn’t have the warranty.

Transfer case - $3200
AWD coupler - $3000
Rear diff - $3500
Transmission - $8500

Pretty sure that total is worth more then the car. When I first brought it in they were able to look at it and replace transfer case within 1.5 weeks and told me it was good to go. I showed up on Feb 14th and it had the exact same problem I brought it in for. That’s when the rest of the things started snowballing and I could not believe all of that was covered minus my $50 deductible.

It’s a 2013 with only 76K (bought it in 2016 with 35K) but now it has a brand new drivetrain. Not sure if I’m glad or sad about all this but there’s no way I would have paid for any of that myself I would have told them to keep it.

55D36977-A184-4837-9934-2CDD4E6A0E57.jpeg

If there was ever a time a CPO warranty paid for itself this was it. Here’s the list of what they replaced and approx cost if I didn’t have the warranty.

Transfer case - $3200
AWD coupler - $3000
Rear diff - $3500
Transmission - $8500
Is there an explanation/hypothesis/wild guess as to the cause of this comprehensive drivetrain destruction?

Back
Top Bottom