What have you done to your bike today?

Sweet build. A dropper would complete that bike.
what's the gear ratio?
@JDurk - I'm a registered NeverDropper ...

@NJsinglespeedtrek - right now, it's a 34:19, but since it's a Melvin tensioner, I can run anything within 20 teeth of chain wrap. and that covers pretty much every gear I'd ever use. That metric is typically applied to differences in front chain rings (for so-called "Dinglespeeds") but the same principle can be used to figure out how many cogs you can use without resetting the tensioner - basically, I can go between a 16t and a 22t without having to reset tension. And that's wider than the range I'd ever use with a 34t ring (I'm pretty much staying between an 18 and a 21 these days.)

After bitch’n about the sram G2 brakes on the 5010 since.. well….from day I got it, I finally got off my fat a$$ and swapped them out for Saint’s.
2E856C9F-148D-4A54-9192-E2F4488B6BE6.jpeg

Anyone taking odds on me forgetting to bed them in before I NEED to stop?

I also pulled the rear end of the Maniak back about 8mm, swapped out the brooks c15 for an c17 and swapped out the 170mm for a 200mm dropper.
384F69BE-A1CE-4F27-AFD9-A3572E9C522C.jpeg

Kinda done-ish? Any suggestions on SRAM DB8 (mineral oil) bleed kit? Rear line is like extra mega long. Could always just drop it off with Vreeland and solve it that way….
View attachment 204961

If the brakes have that SRAM bleeding edge port, get the knockoff sram kit with that adapter. You can get the sram kit but it’s a rip

The bike I just got came with DB8s. Do you use regular SRAM bleed kit but use mineral oil instead of DOT?
Supposedly the fittings are proprietary to the DB8's. I found a youtube video where they tried the universal Jagwire kit and it did not have the correct adaptor. I got the DB8's on a deal but maybe shoulda looked into this. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom