6 Mile Run Conditions

CNJRider

Joker
Asking for a friend - Is six mile hybrid friendly?
Definitely doable. I have ridden there with a friend on a flat bar road bike and he did better than expected. I tried his bike for a stretch too and it was actually fun but harsh bouncing around clearing the roots and hard pack on zero suspension and roadie geo. 6MR is so relatively smooth with hardly any technical features that it would be the most forgiving of all CNJ trails for a hybrid.

CNJRider

Joker
The term covers a wide range, but when I think of today’s hybrids, the ones that come to mind are not a far cry from 90s mountain bikes. Same basic formula of hardtail, 26” wheels and road derived geo. Having started on a bike like that with crappy tires, there was not much at 6 mile that was not do-able.

Anyway, if someone I knew asked, I would not steer them away from the park or tell them to get a mtb first if they already have a decent hybrid.

midtlyng923

The term covers a wide range, but when I think of today’s hybrids, the ones that come to mind are not a far cry from 90s mountain bikes. Same basic formula of hardtail, 26” wheels and road derived geo. Having started on a bike like that with crappy tires, there was not much at 6 mile that was not do-able.

Anyway, if someone I knew asked, I would not steer them away from the park or tell them to get a mtb first if they already have a decent hybrid.
Agreed. I think we forget what we all used to ride in the 90s (what I rode anyway). I used to ride a 26” rigid that weighed a million pounds. Friend of mine still rides 6MR on a single speed rigid.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's be clear, 6M can be ridden on darn near anything... By a  skilled rider. Saying hybrid implies a casual rider, one not accustomed to punchy climbs, loose off camber dirt, obstacles, wood features, etc all of which 6m is chock full of.

I'll agree with this. 9 of 10 chance that the hybrid owner has a lousy time.

CNJRider

Joker

midtlyng923

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions