24 hour self service car washes near Mo-town?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Need to wash/rinse the Xterra from all this salt this week, but can’t get to a car wash during the day. Haven’t used any self service ones before. Google search shows nothing in the Morristown area. Anyone use any of these on the list? Others to recommend? I’m not looking for perfection, just enough to get things soapy and rinsed, especially undercarriage.
1A9ED9D4-8CA0-45B1-B3C1-82446413883C.png

@icebiker For whatever reason NJ seems to hate the self-service car wash.

Outside of self-service, do you know of any that you sit inside while the car goes through around here? It seems most around here make you get out and wait in their waiting room.

Outside of self-service, do you know of any that you sit inside while the car goes through around here? It seems most around here make you get out and wait in their waiting room.
There are two I’ve used that work that way but it’s been a long while so not sure if they still do. One is across the street from Morristown BMW. The other is on Rt 10 westbound, across the road from Novartis. I don’t go to the Morristown one anymore since their track curbed the rims on my car at the time.

There are two I’ve used that work that way but it’s been a long while so not sure if they still do. One is across the street from Morristown BMW. The other is on Rt 10 westbound, across the road from Novartis. I don’t go to the Morristown one anymore since their track curbed the rims on my car at the time.
Perfect I'll check them out.

Hopefully my hub caps make it unscathed.

There is one on myrtle ave in boonton, $20 unlimited washes for the month.
Need to wash/rinse the Xterra from all this salt this week, but can’t get to a car wash during the day. Haven’t used any self service ones before. Google search shows nothing in the Morristown area. Anyone use any of these on the list? Others to recommend? I’m not looking for perfection, just enough to get things soapy and rinsed, especially undercarriage.
View attachment 177561
Won’t your car be all salty by the time you drive back from those places?

Ooh that Boonton one seems like it's the ticket. Oddly enough the most convenient for me possibly.

Not as bad as it is now. It’s going to be sitting for 2 weeks so I want to get as much off as I can. Doesn’t have to be spotless.

Actually, @mtn had those portable pressure washers on sale. I didn’t know they had those. I may need to buy the like and On a above freezing day try it with some warm buckets on the grass or street.

I have no less than 4 with in 5 miles of me. None are really close to Morristown though. You need to go to places where there are lots of wannabe cowboys driving pickup trucks.

Lol. Problem is that my hose spigots are off for the winter. I have a pressure washer but no spigot to attach it to unless I tap into the faucet in the kitchen which is a complex affair
1) borrow pressure washer from neighbor
2)?????
3) turn driveway into ice rink

I have to drive ~20 min to a self-serve. Bloomingdale Self-Serve Car Wash is the place to be: https://goo.gl/maps/5r22VbH9gqQHbrh79

Not 24hrs, but open until 10pm. They also have a touchless automatic with underbody you can run through before/after. Probably not enough alone to get the brine trails off. I'll probably be there when it warms up later this week.

Lol. Problem is that my hose spigots are off for the winter. I have a pressure washer but no spigot to attach it to unless I tap into the faucet in the kitchen which is a complex affair

is it that complex to turn them on, use them, then immediately turn them back off? i know my outside spigot is like a 2 minute affair to turn off and thats all just for draining the line . . . .

Back
Top Bottom