24 hour self service car washes near Mo-town?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
The problem is my driveway spigot is on the same line as my sprinkler system feed. I have the sprinkler lines blown out in the fall and have to shut off the valve in the house to do so. If I open that valve now to feed my spigot, then the sprinkler lines get water too, which I don’t want for obvious reasons.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The problem is my driveway spigot is on the same line as my sprinkler system feed. I have the sprinkler lines blown out in the fall and have to shut off the valve in the house to do so. If I open that valve now to feed my spigot, then the sprinkler lines get water too, which I don’t want for obvious reasons.

Cut in a sharkbite valve for the sprinkler?

assuming you have a wall hydrant so the spigot won't freeze

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just a word of caution, they do a pretty shitty job of actually cleaning your car at the Boonton one. Only redeeming value is its next to one of the liquor stores in the area.
You haven't seen my car.

I've gotten one car wash so far in 90k and when I got it washed the guy came out to talk to me about "Hey, we tried REALLY hard...but we can only do so much.."

rick81721

Lothar
Need to wash/rinse the Xterra from all this salt this week, but can’t get to a car wash during the day. Haven’t used any self service ones before. Google search shows nothing in the Morristown area. Anyone use any of these on the list? Others to recommend? I’m not looking for perfection, just enough to get things soapy and rinsed, especially undercarriage.
View attachment 177561

cold world problems

THATmanMANNY

Let me go ask. Nevertheless, I thought you were better than letting judgements get to you and that you embraced it or am I mixing you up with @JimN? Which no comment. Anyways, back on topic.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought you were better than letting judgements get to you and that you embraced it or am I mixing you up with @JimN? Which no comment.

I definitely don't care what people think about me and the dirty roller skate that I drive around in, or the dirty bike that lives inside of it.

I am highly insulted that you would confuse me with Satanpez though :p

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let me go ask. Nevertheless, I thought you were better than letting judgements get to you and that you embraced it or am I mixing you up with @JimN? Which no comment. Anyways, back on topic.
You didn't attack me, you attacked my car. Just because my car looks like the space ship Yoda pulled out of the swamp doesn't mean it's open for insults.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
There are two I’ve used that work that way but it’s been a long while so not sure if they still do. One is across the street from Morristown BMW. The other is on Rt 10 westbound, across the road from Novartis. I don’t go to the Morristown one anymore since their track curbed the rims on my car at the time.
Rt 10 across from Novartis is a get out of the car and go thru waiting room one

THATmanMANNY

Nice eco friendly car wash on 287/80

How many rains does it take to feel good about driving our garage queens again?

THATmanMANNY

It’s probably not much better than a garden hose but nice to spray with warm water and the portability of it is nice not worry about dragging a around the hose, blow it after, and having it too cold to be problematic to reel back up. Worx product found new on FB. $40. I foresee some other uses.
83F2535E-3862-417B-A5D7-301F92B556A9.jpeg794F8C61-31D6-4A95-A3DA-CC38600AE42D.jpeg

Last edited:

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
It’s probably not much better than a garden hose but nice to spray with warm water and the portability of it is nice not worry about dragging a around the hose, blow it after, and having it too cold to be problematic to reel back up. Worx product found new on FB
View attachment 178595View attachment 178596
Interesting. I checked it out on Worx’s website and it would appear that before you can use a portable source of water (bucket, etc) you have to prime it for 20 seconds on a garden hose. Was that your experience too?

CF13A35F-CA43-4BEA-B741-4B693293F6A3.png

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting. I checked it out on Worx’s website and it would appear that before you can use a portable source of water (bucket, etc) you have to prime it for 20 seconds on a garden hose. Was that your experience too?

View attachment 178598

i have this gun too, and NO i have not had to prime it before using, i have used it with 2 liter bottles withot priming, it takes a couple seconds to start spraying, but primes itself just fine.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
i have this gun too, and NO i have not had to prime it before using, i have used it with 2 liter bottles withot priming, it takes a couple seconds to start spraying, but primes itself just fine.
Thanks. Do you think 320 psi is enough to get most salt residue off the body and undercarriage until the car can get properly washed?

Top Bottom