The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

the-grateful-dead-dancing-bear-embroidered-patch-p1280_1a8a7b3d-ed3a-4177-b929-703a40ae3f8c_12...jpg

The theme of the morning
I have been surprised by the lack of bear sightings especially at the time I been riding for my area. In fact I seen more on my back deck then in the wild since pulling these daily rides. Today was different, right out of the gate before entering the woods i saw pretty large one come out of the woods and then duct back in after spotting us. Then half way through the ride I see Ollie dancing around the bottom of a tree and I look up and she tree a young adolescent bear. Not to be outdone towards the beginning of my burger Dh finish I saw mom and 2 very young cubs off in distance. I am glad Ollie didn't.
20200710_060435.jpg

Today i either felt real good or ripmo and I are starting to mind meld. It helped that it was dry with zero grease on the rocks. Everything just flowed together including the slow tech areas like over on the border trail. I also realize that maybe I should have gotten 32 oval over the 30. I did not miss that 50T cog at all. That said i will be dropping this eagle down the line, just to many gears for my liking. Like I said yesterday, I buy stuff that maybe I shouldn't and one of those things will be a prime 9 from Box.

I have had some time now on these formulas cura brakes and are hands down better then any hydro brakes I've owned. I mean the guide ultimates and codes are nice but damn these are on another level. I have had issues with 4pots with one of the pots seizing up twice now. So to have these 2 large pots with as much if not more power is nice touch. Good modulation not the Ultimate's great but better then the shimano on/off feel at the lever. Only thing missing is a gap adjustment which wasn't a deal breaker for me. The price for a set also is very respectful.

I forget who posted the maprika suggestion for tracking but damn, phone packed away in my Hunter bag did a great job today. Thanks for the heads up.
Screenshot_20200710-072303.jpg

Anyone remember the Misfit Recall rides?
2011 @Allaire and who's this @Mitch guy?
IMG_0034 (1).JPG

The one who has the dancing bear
That follows him around
And he lifts his big foot up
He puts his big foot down
And bows and twirls
And dances 'round and 'round ✌

Breaking this down
1. The signs are back at Stephens? (Some survived)
2. Your chain is rusty (yes and I knew that yesterday also)
3. That eagle sure looks bad (everything eagle is bad (football team the band and components)
4. I break more stuff than you (thats a bet worth taking, hey fanduel whats the odds)
5. What time do you start these (sunrise)
View attachment 133829
6. (asking for a friend) lucky you, you have friends, i got so desperate i had to get a dog.
Agreed on the team, have no idea about the parts, but the band, blasphemy!

I was gonna hold off but,
The band is a bleeping BORE FEST!
If you like to be put to sleep then this band is for you. Go try and watch them live. If not for Joe Walsh then boring is mild. I saw Don Henley and there wasnt enough Coke in the whole venue to keep me alive. They couldn't even inspire a toe tap. The music is OK at best but I like my music makers to have a fucking pulse. Then they had the gall to charge people like $400 to be put to sleep. Henley on top of it is the biggest Tool in the industry.
This opinion comes from a Deadhead mind you...

it is incredibly simple to play on keyboard or guitar.

why does glenn frey get a pass in this scathing review?

I was gonna hold off but,
The band is a bleeping BORE FEST!
If you like to be put to sleep then this band is for you. Go try and watch them live. If not for Joe Walsh then boring is mild. I saw Don Henley and there wasnt enough Coke in the whole venue to keep me alive. They couldn't even inspire a toe tap. The music is OK at best but I like my music makers to have a fucking pulse. Then they had the gall to charge people like $400 to be put to sleep. Henley on top of it is the biggest Tool in the industry.
This opinion comes from a Deadhead mind you...
I love the Dead, saw them 80-100 times in mid 80's thru early 90's, and they blow away the eagles, but lets be honest, Jerry wasn't exactly jumping around the stage. One of first times I saw the dead, Jerry did a little low leg kick, the crowd went nuts!!! I've never met Don Henley, but you are correct, he seems like the biggest tool on the planet!

The great thing about that is just how nuts the crowd went. They were by far my favorite live band at the time, but I had seen the who and ZZ top and several other bands that went crazy on stage, running around, big theatrical shows. Floyd had this crazy 3d lighting thing, Rush had an impressive show.
It was a real shocker to see the crowd go more nuts over that leg kick, than anything any other band I had seen. I saw the dead at the garden when i was a freshman or sophomore and they played St. Stephen for the first time, i guess in a very long time. People were hugging each other, guys in skirts, I was like "what the fuck is going on here!" Those people were more excited than a kid on xmas morning!

The great thing about that is just how nuts the crowd went. They were by far my favorite live band at the time, but I had seen the who and ZZ top and several other bands that went crazy on stage, running around, big theatrical shows. Floyd had this crazy 3d lighting thing, Rush had an impressive show.
It was a real shocker to see the crowd go more nuts over that leg kick, than anything any other band I had seen. I saw the dead at the garden when i was a freshman or sophomore and they played St. Stephen for the first time, i guess in a very long time. People were hugging each other, guys in skirts, I was like "what the fuck is going on here!" Those people were more excited than a kid on xmas morning!

Here it is @roc

It was like 5 years or so since they played it and it sounds like it but still amazing as a follower of the band.

Here it is @roc

It was like 5 years or so since they played it and it sounds like it but still amazing as a follower of the band.

Listening to it now, you can hear the crowd going apeshit. Hard to believe that's almost 40 years ago, man, I am old!

Back
Top Bottom