The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trip up yesterday was uneventful as expected. Arrived early enough to get the kids out on the boat and tow them on the tube. We have kids significant others with us in order to keep them with us. Both are at the age where we're old and no fun. Otherwise it would be burning down the house at the Benders residents.
20200702_173653.jpg
20200702_173535.jpg

Even ollie and @pedals got some tube action
Screenshot_20200702-185607_Messages.jpg

captain bfat manning the ship
20200702_174455.jpg

This morning Patty and I got up early and headed to Gurney Lane. This park is absolutely perfect for SSing. It has a great mix of both natural and machined built trails. So much fun in a not so big park. Its easy to want to repeat certain trails and also lights out fast park. Park also has a few directional trails which is a nice touch. Awesome that I can jump right in like I'm a local and string this park together. Come Monday morning I will have enough :)
20200703_080455.jpg
20200703_074845.jpg
20200703_073814_001.jpg

Missing is the garmin that I charged before leaving and would not turn on ? anyone have a fix or is it done. Its a 520.

Easy does it ✌

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also should of mentioned yesterday was Patty and I's 20th wedding anniversary!

20200702_174619.jpg

We met mountain biking at Killington exactly 24 years ago and here we are still enjoying the scene today. She is and will be always my number one riding partner and soul mate for life.

serviceguy

@mattybfat , try and keep the power button on the Garmin pressed continuosly for like 30 seconds, it should do the trick. It's happened to a few on MTBNJ.co before, including myself. It has worked for everybody so far. Hope it does the same for yours.

Glad you're enjoying the change of scenery, it's always good. And happy anniversary (I'm afraid you may have upset a certain someone, @The Landfill of Slacktown , with your statement about your wife being your number one riding partner, you're his #1).

Kaleidopete

Trip up yesterday was uneventful as expected. Arrived early enough to get the kids out on the boat and tow them on the tube. We have kids significant others with us in order to keep them with us. Both are at the age where we're old and no fun. Otherwise it would be burning down the house at the Benders residents.
View attachment 133240View attachment 133241
Even ollie and @pedals got some tube action
View attachment 133242
captain bfat manning the ship
View attachment 133243

This morning Patty and I got up early and headed to Gurney Lane. This park is absolutely perfect for SSing. It has a great mix of both natural and machined built trails. So much fun in a not so big park. Its easy to want to repeat certain trails and also lights out fast park. Park also has a few directional trails which is a nice touch. Awesome that I can jump right in like I'm a local and string this park together. Come Monday morning I will have enough :)
View attachment 133244View attachment 133245View attachment 133246
Missing is the garmin that I charged before leaving and would not turn on ? anyone have a fix or is it done. Its a 520.

Easy does it ✌
I've heard that if you hold down the ON button for quite a while it might fire up again.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Like my books more pics then words :)

For those who don't follow my wives FB and Instagram, Patty has artistic ability in just about everything she touches. Cooking, painting, gardening and most of all photography.
20200703_205834.jpg
20200703_145249.jpg
20200703_205956.jpg
20200702_183614(1).jpg
20200703_210711.jpg

Yesterday we hiked down to shelving rock falls on east side of the lake. A popular spot as its not a difficult hike from parking. So lots of non outdoorsy folk. The falls were entertaining for the kids and a nice spot to chill but over crowed for my liking. Had this one spot for portrait sitting.
20200703_153947.jpg
20200703_152622.jpg
20200703_152504.jpg
20200703_152406.jpg

Then we followed the water down to the lake to where all the rich kids hang out on the boats. Its a huge sandbar about waist deep all around. You could hear the party goers from a good distance away. My peasant gang walked around all the party goers.
20200703_161125.jpg

This morning was another ride at gurney lane with Patty. So much less humid and hero dirt made for even faster ride. I wanted to show some of the machine trails today. Place is definitely a fast and fun park.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This morning I was solo and again single :)
I did not go to Morneau State Park. After reading as much as possible it seems i had the wrong tool, the ripmo sounded more like what I needed there.

So instead I decided to head to @graveyardman67 territory and have a go at The Hub aka Brant Lake. Again not the proper tool as was last year. Last year I brought the fat bike in SS format. I figured if I can climb stairway to heaven, I earned my ride for the day. Surprisingly I only stopped once and it was at the only spot I just couldn't mustard enough. This was steep and the heart rate was high. About mid point.
20200705_091742.jpg

Once at the top took a breather to get the heart rate down, then enjoyed the upper loops. You very much earn both legs and upper body especially single/rigid. Small park again but big boy trails.
20200705_090405.jpg
20200705_085216.jpg
20200705_084552.jpg
20200705_083554.jpg
20200705_082203.jpg

I waited till the very end on a secondary trail to go over the bars. Slammed the dirt and rocks pretty good that I feel it in my neck and back. Speaking of secondary trails seems like a bunch more added since last time i was here. And on the over the bars, I desperately need a dropper on the misfit. I don't know how we did without these simple instruments.

The garmin advice did not work, held power button a few times for like 5 mins and nothing.

"And she's buying a stairway to heaven" ✌

Last edited:

serviceguy

This morning I was solo and again single :)
I did not go to Morneau State Park. After reading as much as possible it seems i had the wrong tool, the ripmo sounded more like what I needed there.

So instead I decided to head to @graveyardman67 territory and have a go at The Hub aka Brant Lake. Again not the proper tool as was last year. Last year I brought the fat bike in SS format. I figured if I can climb stairway to heaven, I earned my ride for the day. Surprisingly I only stopped once and it was at the only spot I just couldn't mustard enough. This was steep and the heart rate was high. About mid point.
View attachment 133449
Once at the top took a breather to get the heart rate down, then enjoyed the upper loops. You very much earn both legs and upper body especially single/rigid. Small park again but big boy trails.
View attachment 133450View attachment 133451View attachment 133452View attachment 133453View attachment 133454
I waited till the very end on a secondary trail to go over the bars. Slammed the dirt and rocks pretty good that I feel it in my neck and back. Speaking of secondary trails seems like a bunch more added since last time i was here. And on the over the bars, I desperately need a dropper on the misfit. I don't know how we did without these simple instruments.

The garmin advice did not work, held power button a few times for like 5 mins and nothing.

"And she's buying a stairway to heaven" ✌
Ouch and ouch. Sorry it didn’t work.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@serviceguy nothing to be sorry about, appreciate your experience. @Patrick don't have the cord with me. All I know is when i unplugged it it said 100%. The wives 500 charged and worked after. Read somewhere I can do a factory reset on a computer but again don't have the cord so will have to wait until I'm home.

20200706_073434.jpg

Only pic today because I think i covered enough about this park.

Today i started at the municipal lot which is connected to the other end of the trails. I think i prefer this start on how to string the trails together. If your not familiar then I recommend first lot as soon as you enter the main park. Its the easiest way to figure out the trail system. Plenty of signs with the trails and plenty of well marked trails.

Today i felt a bit sluggish but kept it pinned for entire ride. Covered every trail and even doubled up some one directoins because way too fun to do just once. Namely E20 and tango. Don't pass these up. Race course and a few other trails have that raystown feel like your almost coasting uphill. Really great trail work, especially the machine made ones. Again a small park but they pack a lot into it.

One outstanding fact about today, I was the only person I saw today. Give you an idea this park is the six mile of Lake George area. Past days I have been here there were riders everywhere. It was nice to really open it up today as it was just doggo and me.

I leave tomorrow but I may get some early dirt or just take the day to sleep in some.

I might just get back up here again in next month or 2 with the ripmo and go to moreau sp, west mountain bike park, gore and even go check out the lake placid stuff.

Big wheels keep on turning✌

Top Bottom