What have you done to your bike today?

20171130_101020.jpg

For the race bike.
I need all the help I can get.
#freewatts

Tire carousel this off season...
Dirt Wizards 3.0 on Hugo's don't fit but plenty of room for XR4 2.55 on Duallys. Was looking for optional bigger tire swaps up front so pretty sure it fit a 2.8. Now I need to decide if I want Oozys with 30 or 35mm internals for the Hadley hubs. I dont run pressures too low and I like the tire shape better with the wider rims. Maybe go in between? Someone makes. 32 or 33mm, just don't recall who at the moment.
MVIMG_20171130_203442.jpg

Tire carousel this off season...
Dirt Wizards 3.0 on Hugo's don't fit but plenty of room for XR4 2.55 on Duallys. Was looking for optional bigger tire swaps up front so pretty sure it fit a 2.8. Now I need to decide if I want Oozys with 30 or 35mm internals for the Hadley hubs. I dont run pressures too low and I like the tire shape better with the wider rims. Maybe go in between? Someone makes. 32 or 33mm, just don't recall who at the moment.
View attachment 59989
Spanks rims are awful for getting tires on and off and trying to get it taped to seal . To many ridges and weird shapes and forget about fixing a tire trailside . Stan's sentry 32mm Id .

Spanks rims are awful for getting tires on and off and trying to get it taped to seal . To many ridges and weird shapes and forget about fixing a tire trailside . Stan's sentry 32mm Id .
I've read they are a little tough to mount but not the tubeless issues. Reason I looked at them was because Velocity's I've heard don't do well tubeless and wanted something stronger than the Stans design since I'm running a little wider than most. Thanks Ryan, that's great info and I'll look at other offerings instead and will include the Sentry in the mix.

I've read they are a little tough to mount but not the tubeless issues. Reason I looked at them was because Velocity's I've heard don't do well tubeless and wanted something stronger than the Stans design since I'm running a little wider than most. Thanks Ryan, that's great info and I'll look at other offerings instead and will include the Sentry in the mix.

Depending on how hard you ride, I wouldn't go more than 30 internal, as most tires between 2.3-2.6 take on the optimal shape at that width. If you ride hard, I wouldn't go past 30 mm because you will dent them out at lower pressure (if you run 2.3-2.6), lower pressure being relative. My rims are around 30 and I have to run a DD Casing Minion in the rear to run at relatively low pressure (around 28psi). Any lower and I'm burping and denting, and I'm not too heavy (around 180).

New meats & sealant for the ole Mukluk now that she’s been relegated to “Snow Dog” status. The Farley is the year round fatbike.
38F81FEB-5DA8-49DA-B16E-75BAEFEB417A.jpeg

They haven’t had enough time to plump up yet but in case anyone was interested, on Nextie 90’s the FBF is 4.5 (listed @ 4.8) and the Dunderbeist is 4.3 (listed @ 4.6). They’ll probably grow another 1/4 inch after a couple rides.
02143FF6-E3F7-403E-8263-134824F601F3.jpeg

Last edited:
The 30mm internal rims came in the mail today, mounted them on the xr4s and boy are they so much smaller in profile than the same tire with the 40mm Duallys. The tires are 2.55 and look true to size on the dually but only 2.4 on the KOM i29s. They look bigger in height and width. 40mm rim on the right
MVIMG_20171218_193103.jpg
MVIMG_20171218_193248.jpg

The 30mm internal rims came in the mail today, mounted them on the xr4s and boy are they so much smaller in profile than the same tire with the 40mm Duallys. The tires are 2.55 and look true to size on the dually but only 2.4 on the KOM i29s. They look bigger in height and width. 40mm rim on the right
View attachment 60746View attachment 60747
It seems like that a bit of overkill for a tire that size. I had 2.5" on a 21 internal before and it's fine. You want a bit of that bulge for rim protection. It's mostly noticeable on the Hugo's that I think you have 2.8's on? I tried that fitment before and the sidewall is at the same width as the rim wall.

Back
Top Bottom