What have you done to your bike today?

qclabrat

Finally got the first SS going yesterday. Decided to go with BB7s for now as I'm not sure what to expect. This is my first real single and I really liked the way the dropouts worked with the thru axle. Took a test ride near work at "Hanoi" and was pleasantly impressed with the feel during the 45min maiden ride. Brakes worked well enough with the terrain and speed I was riding in. Though felt a bit cramped when out of the seat but will monitor that more tomorrow. Went with a spinny gear at 32x22, but probably good for the cold temps.
MVIMG_20171110_163919.jpg

Happy veteran's day
MVIMG_20171110_164411.jpg

rlb

Not really "today", but over the course of the last 3 weeks I caught up on some way overdue MTB maintenance (instead of dealing with the pile of junk in my workshop).

Quick bike wash
New saddle
New chain
Replaced shifter and cable
Cassette/chainring/derailleur scrub down
Pull & grease BB
Pulled sliders, cleaned and greased them

Up next is changing oil in the fork.

IMG_20171110_202850.jpg

IMG_20171110_192511.jpg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Bled my rear brake....again. I only got one tiny air bubble out this time from the caliper end. Nothing from the lever. I'm starting to think I may just need new pads but they look to have plenty of meat on them still.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Thin rotors?
Shouldn't be. The bike was new in July. As stated, I did get a little air out today. I am hoping that was the problem. Lever feels good now.

The rear brake lever was soft from the start. I have bled it a couple times now. I think my technique was off a little. Not sure how the air got in there in the first place.

Top Bottom