What are you cooking right now?

Nicely done fidodie (except roll fail).
That's something I would do ;-)

Hell, I'm here: post this again:
Andouille mac and cheese thing
50890336023__C430D526-8A42-42C4-B122-0A8231B0A2D5.JPG

Touch it up with some Frank's Red Hot, and Bubba's your uncle!

so back around the holiday, i cleaned a psmo - http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-cooking-right-now.38426/page-15#post-698882

today, i took the area that connects the beef tenderloin (aka fillet mignon) to the ribs. Unlike the tenderloin, there is
connective tissue, and fat. it takes some cleaning, but leaving some fat, gives it a nice flavor, and @gtluke has approved good fat in diet.

sweat some onions with salt and pepper, a little grape seed oil, cause it has a high smoke point.
Add the meat, get it hot and dial it back a bit. cook until done. Add some cheese type of substance. put on a roll with the soft bread removed.
enjoy.

IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6210.JPG

IMG_6212.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6211.JPG
    IMG_6211.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1
OK - want to impress your date?
Pan Seared Sesame Tuna..

this is going to take zero time to cook, so - buy or make some zucchini noodles, a lemon, and a bulb of fennel.
look for fennel recipe - i like to split mine, oil+balsamic+salt+pepper, broil for 30 minutes.
marinade/dip for tuna - soy/rice wine vinegar/sesame oil/honey - whisk. 5 minutes to go on fennel, put plates in oven to get them warm.

tablespoon of sesame oil in skillet - and not a non-stick, f*in man up. you want good food, stop using the Teflon.
get it hot - the oil should have a shimmer. throw tuna steak on, 90 seconds, get plates out, put zuch noodles on, flip tuna - 90 seconds.
put fennel on plate, put tuna on plate, serve with dipping dishes of left over marinade.

score.

IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6320.JPG
IMG_6323.JPG

IMG_6324.JPG

tbh, it could use a little color, maybe some beet noodles - i added some chopped green onions, and a little salt to the zuch-
squeeze lemon or lime over. sprinkled raw sesame seed over it - those could have been roasted for more flavor.

OK - want to impress your date?
Pan Seared Sesame Tuna..

this is going to take zero time to cook, so - buy or make some zucchini noodles, a lemon, and a bulb of fennel.
look for fennel recipe - i like to split mine, oil+balsamic+salt+pepper, broil for 30 minutes.
marinade/dip for tuna - soy/rice wine vinegar/sesame oil/honey - whisk. 5 minutes to go on fennel, put plates in oven to get them warm.

tablespoon of sesame oil in skillet - and not a non-stick, f*in man up. you want good food, stop using the Teflon.
get it hot - the oil should have a shimmer. throw tuna steak on, 90 seconds, get plates out, put zuch noodles on, flip tuna - 90 seconds.
put fennel on plate, put tuna on plate, serve with dipping dishes of left over marinade.

score.

View attachment 50084
View attachment 50085
View attachment 50083

View attachment 50082

tbh, it could use a little color, maybe some beet noodles - i added some chopped green onions, and a little salt to the zuch-
squeeze lemon or lime over. sprinkled raw sesame seed over it - those could have been roasted for more flavor.

I have never tried fennel. Ever. On bucket list

Back
Top Bottom