The Original BIYF 18/19

I’m usually completely on the opposite end of Pearl’s opinion on pretty much everything.. but this one I agree...

OUTSIDE = BiYF

Rays, Wheelmill, 5050, Pennskate are all winter safehavens... we need a ruling on this.. I will ride thse places and will not expect it to count towards BiYf.

Now riding Slayerville, Mapleshade or any local outside skatepark in the winter, definitely IN
Edit - not much sitting around doe.. drive all that way, pay all that money to be a poser.. naw...
Indoor riding including Rays has been removed. All rides must take place outdoors.

However, on further thought, if you went out to a park and did just trail maintenance (like when you rake those horrific spikey balls at mercer), that should count. I think the intent is to not count someone (like me) doing primarily a ride and stopping to clear a few trees/branches.
I think the maintenance end would be great but my fears lie in some boob erecting Mountain Creek in a local park and then posting it here. Maybe I am over thinking this?

Trail work with a group that has been permitted to perform work in a park that is acknowledged in the trail section of this website. I.E. working with the park system or JORBA. No solo or rogue work.
Even if the solo work is sanctioned? One park Jorba knows, one park has no reasonable oversight and one park is somewhere in the middle. Pruning, tree/log removable, fixing mud holes, etc. note, your rules wouldn’t count Jdogs work ?

Even if the solo work is sanctioned? One park Jorba knows, one park has no reasonable oversight and one park is somewhere in the middle. Pruning, tree/log removable, fixing mud holes, etc. note, your rules wouldn’t count Jdogs work ?
It hard to monitor what is sanctioned and what is not. I think it is all or nothing. I will let @rick81721 make the call.

I suggest either joining JORBA, or donating to JORBA for bonus points because, are there any scheduled TM days for the winter?

What about a bonus for doing bicycle maintenance?
If you wash my Jeep I will give you a quarter.

wash.jpg

Back
Top Bottom