The Original BIYF 18/19

Johnny Utah

But it’s inside, what if i ride circles in my garage, wouldn’t that count the same?

Huge flaw here
Negative, you are actually riding a bike. I doubt you will get much moving time on Strava nor do I think someone will be able to out perform the pack at Rays. If they do god bless them. 12 hr days moving at rays are rough.... sign up B, I changed the rules to get yo gangsta ass up in this bitch.

rick81721

Lothar
last year i did well, my lunch HOUR is when i have time to ride in the winter during the week, get 60 minutes for ride and change and shower, usually get about 50-55 minutes a day in, any more than that is really pushing my luck and taking some bad chances. Riding after i get home would require an investment in lights that i have trouble justifying with everything else i have working for me.

i will note that last year i was able to do relatively well (for me) in this competition so the 1 hour minimum was an approximate and straight time was counted. you are wrong @rick81721 it has not been minimum 1 hour, last year was straight time

before that i cannot comment on bc i dont remember participating, just spectating.

I didn't participate last 2 years but prior to that it was always 1 hr min. I realize that increasing your usual 55 min road rides to 60 minutes is a monumental jump but HTFU man!

Johnny Utah

since i seem to be way out-voted here, i must defer. i'll run a leaderboard for the composite group elsewhere, but won't track anyone else.
doesn't make sense to have two, that is divisive. I like the bonus stuff, and i don't have time to do it. I'm going to hit the trainer, since i'm targeting an ironman in 2020.
the structured workouts while running produced results - undeniable.
I did a triathlon once, do you know this one?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
last year i did well, my lunch HOUR is when i have time to ride in the winter during the week, get 60 minutes for ride and change and shower, usually get about 50-55 minutes a day in, any more than that is really pushing my luck and taking some bad chances. Riding after i get home would require an investment in lights that i have trouble justifying with everything else i have working for me.

We have the same rules at the shop. I usually sneak to get changed at some point to get an hour on the bike, but it's never an hour moving.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn't participate last 2 years but prior to that it was always 1 hr min. I realize that increasing your usual 55 min road rides to 60 minutes is a monumental jump but HTFU man!

It's the work requirement not me. I can do 2 -3 hours at a clip but have to get back.

We have the same rules at the shop. I usually sneak to get changed at some point to get an hour on the bike, but it's never an hour moving.
I get basically no stop time in my rides bc of the unique area i work in...

rick81721

Lothar
It's the work requirement not me. I can do 2 -3 hours at a clip but have to get back.

I get basically no stop time in my rides bc of the unique area i work in...

I know just busting balls. But even so, you get home, jump on your mtb and spin around the block for 5 min.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know just busting balls. But even so, you get home, jump on your mtb and spin around the block for 5 min.

its usually dark when i get home . . .

too bad the dog wont keep up if i tried walking him on the bike . . . . .

Top Bottom