The Day Of The Groundhog

my knees and hips just locked up reading that. that's crazy. you ever gonna ride across the country? i mean like stretch it out, don't try to do it in 72 hours...

my knees and hips just locked up reading that. that's crazy. you ever gonna ride across the country? i mean like stretch it out, don't try to do it in 72 hours...

Never say never but no interest in touring at this time ( maybe bikepacking on MTB some day ) more interested in testing the limits of SS. The very same ride can be quite different riding with others or solo. SS can make that tricky as one tends to launch ahead on the climbs and then either get dropped or even worse spun-out and dead trying to keep contact on the powered descents or completely flat stretches.

:)

New routes/rides involve endless waffling on correct gearing.

W

launch ahead on the climbs and then either get dropped or even worse spun-out and dead trying to keep contact on the powered descents or completely flat stretches.

i know that pain all too well. especially the spun out part. lamington road in bedminster is SS hell when in a group.

my SS has been put to rainy/crap weather duty only. one thing i learned about SS, don't take a break. if you do, and jump back in without building yourself up again... you could end up with some joint issues, at least that's what my docs say probably what happened with me. gotta stay consistent.

that's some serious distance - nice work.

October was gonna be a big month to get back into the groove cranking out riding hours/miles.

Good omen : Yesterday I finally got back a working rear shock for my (only) MTB after more than one year.

Less good news : Was having an awesome Friday until the phrase 'Aortic Root Dialation' was tossed around. Was not any happier to hear 'Ascending Aortic Aneurysm' ( despite scoring assonance points )

Officially shutting down 'Day of the Groundhog'.

Hopefully to be replaced by 'Better, stronger, faster...' in 2018

Chow for now.

W

Get that stuff straight ! then get back.
Sending some good juju.

Back
Top Bottom