The Day Of The Groundhog

bigW

Well I find myself a month from Hell of Hunterdon and having done nearly zero riding this year...

I am no longer surprised by this, so much for plans. Time to get busy.

Only did two rides this year, one was in India so it was warm, smoggy and on the wrong side of the road.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/691423520

It was on a size small hybrid so that was less than comfortable but a good time was had. I did not get hit by a truck/bus and that is a plus.

62C7AC11-041C-4E0E-84E6-7A1C12154B30-2620-000004AF27FF1CB3_zps216869a9.jpg

F39E501D-3D1E-4C2C-805D-1293ABB680ED-2620-000004AF607247BE_zpsfb630b2b.jpg

Hope the 2015 cycling season weather improves and soon.

-W

I don't think many people have a lot of saddle time in this year. Just be lucky this is not Hillier Than Thou...you'll be fine at HOH.

1 point new country
1 point wrong side of road
1 point Polo shirt

No polo shirt for me, +2 Pts for a Team Bullldog H2H Tee shirt.

Shoulda worn this super badass Jersey I snagged from the local shop team...

F20F6718-0B1B-4BD2-B023-047F652B78BD-3102-00000577B5E77D95_zps901d8457.jpg

9A65DEB1-6EAC-4F9B-9953-25C512A99E92-3102-00000577C50BD2E5_zpsdfefe58e.jpg

- XL jersey big, W.

Just do it. ( esp. when cronuts are involved )

YOU CAN DO IT!

No way I can afford to not ride this weekend.

Ride #3 for 2015, 44 mile basic out and back to cocoluxe.

Put studded snow tires on. Seemed like overkill at 1pm but things got messy out there quickly.

FE27EDAF-1C42-450C-B620-F1A17F85CC06-292-00000016F29CC476_zpsd5c5fe97.jpg

Tires worked great for most of the snow conditions but loose slabs of packed snow/ice was very sketchy.

Lake road was awesome, drifted snow and new snow, totally serene.

CFDA0640-5FE6-47D1-BC6A-CB3C7F04C277-292-00000017067A434C_zps2139e562.jpg

Hope all the short track folks had a nice time.

W

Hey W - put that ride up on strava if you get a chance !

nice bike-leaning pic - good job getting out on a not-so-nice day....

red jacket?

No way I can afford to not ride this weekend.

Ride #3 for 2015, 44 mile basic out and back to cocoluxe.

Put studded snow tires on. Seemed like overkill at 1pm but things got messy out there quickly.

Tires worked great for most of the snow conditions but loose slabs of packed snow/ice was very sketchy.

Lake road was awesome, drifted snow and new snow, totally serene.

Hope all the short track folks had a nice time.

W

I think I may have passed you driving up liberty corner rd as you were coming down. I saw someone on what appeared to be a cross bike wearing a red jacket. I just finished up a ride out on the dirt rds of bedminster (mtb) and thought that was some of the worst weather I rode in. Can't imagine what your ride back must have been like as it was coming down pretty good when I left. Nice job getting out there and putting in some time!!

I think I may have passed you driving up liberty corner rd as you were coming down. I saw someone on what appeared to be a cross bike wearing a red jacket. I just finished up a ride out on the dirt rds of bedminster (mtb) and thought that was some of the worst weather I rode in. Can't imagine what your ride back must have been like as it was coming down pretty good when I left. Nice job getting out there and putting in some time!!

Dat was me. ( +1 on red Showers Pass jacket that is 5 plus years old and still great in a wide range of weather ). Super fun weather to ride in but the compressed snow on the last bit of the return ride was very squirmy. Pulled over a few times to make sure traffic was not queuing behind me. If I took the time to drive to a ride: Larger Cross, Long Lane, McAnns Mill would all have been fun, hope you had a good time out there....

fortunately for me the drive is quick from where I live to Bedminster. It was fast,frozen and fun! I just need to add more time in the saddle as SSAP is coming up quick!

Shock and awe.

Only two weekends to get in shape for HoH.

Did today right, started with a ski at Ashbrook and plodded through 38 mile flat ride in the afternoon.

Since I had the snow tires on I thought I would checkout Pleasant Plains road through the swamp. Bad idea, there were six different types of water/snow/sluch/ice on the gravel road and they all sucked to ride on. Large opaque puddles of deep muddy water were not was I was hoping for.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/713770393

Day 2 : No pain no gain.

Started the day with Short Track #2 where I defended DFL in Sport but perhaps lost it when after four laps I decided to call it a day. I'm not really a great biker in dry double track. Snow and single track was new to me.

Massive undertaking by crew MTBNJ to create the course and everyone seemed to be there to have a fun time. I rate the parking lot walk as the most challenging bit.

Finished the day with a road ride. Was tired at 10 miles and would have used any excuse to bail at the 20 mile mark but Doug thought otherwise and dragged me around in circles. Much in the way of snow, ice and hills. 51 miles and 4,000 vertical.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/714845814

Off to Londinium in a few hours for a no exercise week. Perhaps kippers and blood pudding rates as Paleo.

Next Sat/Sun is the end of the HoH training routine. Must make good use of them.

Enjoy the warmer weather folks.

-W

Nice loop! How was riding on 31? I know the roads you were on...traffic isn't too bad but shoulder?

Back
Top Bottom