Ships Log: Fat Aircraft carrier war games

jesu christe - good job on getting up from that and taking it the way you are. way to be positive. hope the mending goes quickly and thoroughly.

Hey man, really sorry to hear about your crash. At a much smaller magnitude- I broke my scaphoid back at March Mayhem. I'm up to 9 weeks in a cast now and I know that's what you're roughly facing with your arm. The first week sucks- but then the time will go quickly. Just get Zwift - has kept me sane the last few months. Hope you heal fast!

I don't go on FB regularly nor here...but when I got home from NICA Sunday, Lance asked me if I knew what happened/saw your post. He also reached out to @gtluke out of concern.

Damn. I'm incredibly bummed to see all of this. But as always you somehow manage to smile in the photo. Wishing you a uber fast recovery. I'll keep the cobwebs clear of DM just for you so when you are back riding, you can ride fast.

So good news is that I can sleep just fine and in general I dont have any pain. The cuts on my face are weeping and drying which gives you this crust that is annoying...there is a huge cut inside my mouth so eating is a little uncomfortable...and trying to type with this asshole of a cast on my left arm is pain...thankfully only 3 weeks then a short cast. In all though...I have had every injury you can imagine, broken ankle, leg, ribs, fingers, wrist, toes, tailbone, torn rotator cuff, dislocated shoulders, back injuries....this is really a walk in the park. I mean I would be lying to you guys to say I wasnt disappointed about this cast. I looked at my x ray and thought...doesnt seem too bad...I can see the crack in my radius, but didnt look like anything that would break apart if I used my hand. Doctor thought otherwise. Fair enough.

So today I got up early, made myself breakfast, cleaned kitchen and tried my best to be useful...as @stb222 can probably attest too...when you go out and play kids games then get hurt...dont expect your wife or anyone else to give a shit...I mean its wonderful when they do, but shifting the workload to my wife is not going to make her want to support my future stupid activities....so you do your best to learn how to change diapers 1 handed and not complain.

@capedoc texted me the greatest thing ever yesterday...
"think of it this way, im guessing you will be waited on hand and foot"

LOLOLOL...I then explained to him the hierarchy of where dad is on the "hows he feeling" give a shit level

Child
pets
childs toys and clothes
food for child
diaper supply
in home plant life
coffee maker status
#579 "hows dad feeling today?"

So good news is that I can sleep just fine and in general I dont have any pain. The cuts on my face are weeping and drying which gives you this crust that is annoying...there is a huge cut inside my mouth so eating is a little uncomfortable...and trying to type with this asshole of a cast on my left arm is pain...thankfully only 3 weeks then a short cast. In all though...I have had every injury you can imagine, broken ankle, leg, ribs, fingers, wrist, toes, tailbone, torn rotator cuff, dislocated shoulders, back injuries....this is really a walk in the park. I mean I would be lying to you guys to say I wasnt disappointed about this cast. I looked at my x ray and thought...doesnt seem too bad...I can see the crack in my radius, but didnt look like anything that would break apart if I used my hand. Doctor thought otherwise. Fair enough.

So today I got up early, made myself breakfast, cleaned kitchen and tried my best to be useful...as @stb222 can probably attest too...when you go out and play kids games then get hurt...dont expect your wife or anyone else to give a shit...I mean its wonderful when they do, but shifting the workload to my wife is not going to make her want to support my future stupid activities....so you do your best to learn how to change diapers 1 handed and not complain.

@capedoc texted me the greatest thing ever yesterday...
"think of it this way, im guessing you will be waited on hand and foot"

LOLOLOL...I then explained to him the hierarchy of where dad is on the "hows he feeling" give a shit level

Child
pets
childs toys and clothes
food for child
diaper supply
in home plant life
coffee maker status
#579 "hows dad feeling today?"

The truest of truths

I would assume they only did a head CT, not an MRI. I always followed up with my neurologist after getting KO'd and got an MRI. At first I didn't think it was important (as I am 100% sure you're saying) but ultimately, I'm glad I did get them because had I not, I wouldn't have had a baseline to compare and make my own determination.

You're Utah and we all know you're a man's man and MEH, etc, etc. I was of the same opinion until my neurologist explained that in the last 10 years, the 4 MRI's I have had done (last one following getting KO'd at Waway last year) have shown alarmingly significant changes in white matter (from the previous) to the point that he objected strongly to my wanting to continue mountain biking (or any sport where I was in danger of going head first into a tree) despite being an avid cyclist himself. When I was honest with myself and weighed my dozen or so non cycling related concussions, in addition to (at the time) the current state of my health, I decided to walk away.

I'm sure you're fine. I don't say this to be a downer, or that you even need to be worried about anything at all, but the odds are in favor of your scrambling those eggs again at some point in your life. It's better to have something to look back on and compare than only having half of the information.

All those fancy numbers don't mean shit if you don't know your FTP ;)

xoxo my good fellow!

Diaper changes with a cast on? RIP Utah.

oregon-trail-you-have-died-of-dysentery-shirt--large.png

Glad to hear that it wasn't worse. Those pictures are scary. Rest up until rehab.

Getting your son potty-trained would earn major points for being super useful at home.

Truth to no sympathy for getting hurt on anything considered playtime. Somehow it doesn't go the other way though. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom