Science is looking up

Super Blue Moon eclipse next Wednesday, Jan 31. Hopefully skies are clear

http://earthsky.org/?p=270280
Guess your driving west?

Eclipse times for North American time zones:

Eastern Standard Time (January 31, 2018)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 6:48 a.m. EST
Moon sets before start of total eclipse

Central Standard Time (January 31, 2018)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 5:48 a.m. CST
Total eclipse begins: 6:52 a.m. CDT
Moon may set before totality ends

Guess your driving west?

Eclipse times for North American time zones:

Eastern Standard Time (January 31, 2018)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 6:48 a.m. EST
Moon sets before start of total eclipse

Central Standard Time (January 31, 2018)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 5:48 a.m. CST
Total eclipse begins: 6:52 a.m. CDT
Moon may set before totality ends

Eh I didn't read the details... east coasters, never mind

couple of things -

1/30/2018
SpaceX launch out of florida with a CPF (Certified previous flown) first stage.
Scheduled for 4:25 this afternoon: http://www.spacex.com/webcast

1/31/2018
Wake up early tomorrow for the initial phase of the total lunar eclipse as it sets in the west.
remember to check the rare phenomena called selenelion - where we can see the sun and the partially eclipsed moon in the same sky.
Start time of the eclipse 6:48, sunrise at 7:09 Temps should be in the mid-teens.

Someone try to catch this using panorama mode.....or one of those 360 cameras (@gtluke)

I had a decent view over the ridge at RV from my house - there was a cloud front about 2 moon widths above the horizon,

and maybe if i took the camera out, and let it cool down, with the tripod, i'd get a decent pic. but no!

I had a decent view over the ridge at RV from my house - there was a cloud front about 2 moon widths above the horizon,

and maybe if i took the camera out, and let it cool down, with the tripod, i'd get a decent pic. but no!

I had the cloud just over the horizon too. I'm not sure what was over the "11 o'clock" area of the moon also, that threw me off at first. Then it all happened within the span of about 1 minute.

I should have brought something other than a 35mm lens with me since I had a pretty nice vanatage point. Had to resort to the cell phone.

IMG_20180131_065306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom