Science is looking up

Falcon 9 Heavy launch tomorrow (tuesday)

Will Elon's car achieve mars orbit (or whatever he plans?)
Will all 3 1st stage boosters stick their landings?
Will it even clear the launch tower?
Will @rick81721 be able to see it from the west coast?

all will be revealed around 1830Z (about 1:30pm eastern)

get your space nerd on.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Last edited:
Too bad this isn't a night launch, based on the last day launch won't see much from here except the contrail. Will still take a look tho

Too bad this isn't a night launch, based on the last day launch won't see much from here except the contrail. Will still take a look tho

That's all we want. Unlike the White House, explosions are a bad thing in this context.

The launch is currently scheduled for 3:05 p.m. Eastern time. It was postponed from 1:30 p.m. due to high-altitude winds. SpaceX has until 4 p.m. to attempt a launch.

Obviously having issues are usual. I predict they cancel today, and it makes a mushroom cloud a few weeks from now.

Obviously having issues are usual. I predict they cancel today, and it makes a mushroom cloud a few weeks from now.

I hope his car gets to orbit Mars. I don't get the obsession with Mars, its a dead planet, and we're not going to bring it back to life. Be cool to explore, but I wouldn't want to live there long-term. The reason all those craters and hills are still there is because there hasn't been tectonic activity within the last couple billion years, or water to erode anything down. No water because it went with the atmosphere. A dying car orbiting a dead planet is also oddly poetic.

It would be much cooler to land something on Europa to see whats under that ice, but thats not as glamorous, and doesn't drive stock prices up.

Man....that was really awesome. The landing was like something out of a sci fi movie.

Back
Top Bottom