Round Valley Conditions

If you can get to Round Valley before it thaws, it's a "3" (a few icy spots); As the temps climb, though, the recent rains begin to show their effect. If it's sunny, I usually add at least 3-4 degrees to the air temperature to guess whether the conditions are beginning to soften, so air temps 28-29 degrees and up are suspect. It's possible that the softening may even occur at a lower temp (not tested that yet), but at 29 degrees today (per weather.com), the melt was definitely on. Cloudy days seem to be much more true to the 32 degree freeze point...

A bit sloppy on the fire roads, but the trails are fine. Start at Cushetunk side if u wanna avoid the slop.

Conditions are similar to what Woody said a few weeks ago. The trails are fine, just some of the fire roads are a bit sloppy. It was good to see a lot of MTBers at RV today, this means they are not destroying other parks that can't handle the traffic right now.

Trails at RV were completely dry today. Few hikers, but did not see other bikers on the trails in the nearly 3 hours I was there.

I hit Round Valley yesterday also. I too saw nonother bikers, and found the trails to be nice and dry. A few washed out spots, but overall very good conditions.

Water level is low. Can travel around the edges on fat tires.

RV pretty decent today, a few soft spots but even my fat tires barely left a mark, giving a 3 b/c not perfect. Also lots of trees down
WP_20160402_09_08_07_Pro.jpg

I had some business in the area so I brought a bike along and hit RV today. Trails were great, but there are several trees down thus my 3 rating.

Aside from the tree pictured above by @qclabrat there are a few others on the same trail. The one he pictured is on red right after you fork right at the campsite sign, and before the next sign pointing left to the campsites. There are a couple others after you complete the big climb on red and you start to get the nice bomb down (on my strava, between mile 9 and 10). There is another one after the next climb at about mile 10.5 on the same strava. All of these are big enough to require a chainsaw. I spent a fair amount of time picking up the branches that I could along my way. https://www.strava.com/activities/536668666

This is only the 2nd time I've ever been to RV. The switchbacks coming down along Stanton-Lebanon Rd are nice. Either I missed them the last time or they are new. They sure beat taking the straight line down along the fence, although I recall those steps being "exciting". I also forgot how much climbing there is at RV! I'll sleep well tonight.

Hey, does anyone have a copy of Norm's candyland map? The one posted in the Wiki seems to be blank. Thanks...

Nevermind...found the other wiki page...

Thanks Jim, I did end up finding it. I guess I was using the old wiki instead of the trail directory at the top.

Going to ride here for the first time tomorrow. Really hoping it doesn't thunderstorm too badly....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions