Round Valley Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the surface is a 4 - excellent conditions, but lot of raspberry whips to bloody ya up.
so lets call it a 3 -

this includes cush side too.....

bring some hand clippers, and have at it.

Patrick

Staff member
We need to install some escalators.

yup - lift service should be put on the table.

here is a pic of the new boundary markers. the monuments look like they have been there a long time, but you'd never notice them.

Screenshot 2015-07-24 at 07.44.43.png

Maybe i'll do the brake lines this week.....

Last edited:

ktmrider

rode rv yesterday its in great shape , the switchback climb is overgrown i would stay close to the fence , there is a large tree down on the ridge line , After 4 attempts i was able to clean it on the fat boy . i actually impressed myself . The weather was perfect

Patrick

Staff member
rode rv yesterday its in great shape , the switchback climb is overgrown i would stay close to the fence , there is a large tree down on the ridge line , After 4 attempts i was able to clean it on the fat boy . i actually impressed myself . The weather was perfect

This one? it is about 32" off the ground....impressive. this is between the back gate road and the cush lot on red. been there since sandy.

Screenshot 2015-07-24 at 09.09.23.png

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow. I climbed over that big tree on Friday and thought ain't noooo way anyone is riding over that.

huffster

Maybe i'll do the brake lines this week.....
Yes, please fix those brake lines. Its upsetting me :).

Actually I've been there before when I moved a set from one bike to another and the cables were too long. But, the damn things were set up so perfect I didn't want to screw with it. Sooner or later you gotta break down though!

evo456

Anyone have a GPS coordinate for the trail head or a specific place I should park? I can't figure about where to park to get to the trailhead

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
you could park in the main lot (free now that it is not in season) or you could park at the cush lot and walk up the hill of death. the strava file here is the cush lot. its an out and back so start wherever you would like.

https://www.strava.com/activities/124916560/overview

if you park at the main lot, and follow my route, see the little "hill" on my file at 13.5 miles? no reason to go up and over that ;)

solorider

Anyone have a GPS coordinate for the trail head or a specific place I should park? I can't figure about where to park to get to the trailhead
Enter Round Valley Main Entrance, make first right towards boat launch. Park at first lot on right. Trailhead is behind this lot, (not towards boat launch / reservoir) to the left. Just behind a small group of trees. Ride trails towards camp sites, this is an out and back for most. Full loop possible, but much navigation.

qclabrat

make sure you go in the main gate where there's a ranger station (not the boat launch), you can park in the spots near the station instead of going down by the lake

DMS 40° 37’ 21.93” N 74° 51' 18.13" W

Patrick

Staff member
if you want to park at the boat launch, the gate should be open this time of year.
Otherwise, the lot previously mentioned is at the 1.5 mile mark.
at the 8 mile mark is the "entrance" from the cushetunk park (top of hill of death) -
depending on how long you want to be out, there is a 'fire road' down by the water which provides a quick way back.
or go explore the ridge (white trail) much walking as it hasn't been maintained.

https://www.strava.com/activities/44528174

qclabrat

if you want to park at the boat launch, the gate should be open this time of year.
Otherwise, the lot previously mentioned is at the 1.5 mile mark.
at the 8 mile mark is the "entrance" from the cushetunk park (top of hill of death) -
depending on how long you want to be out, there is a 'fire road' down by the water which provides a quick way back.
or go explore the ridge (white trail) much walking as it hasn't been maintained.

https://www.strava.com/activities/44528174
Pat, years ago there was a gate between the launch area and the main park, is that the gate you are referring to or the main gate into the launch area.

Thinking of heading out there today as well, though I forgot to bring my 510s to work today

Patrick

Staff member
Pat, years ago there was a gate between the launch area and the main park, is that the gate you are referring to or the main gate into the launch area.

Thinking of heading out there today as well, though I forgot to bring my 510s to work today

gate on the other side of the low damn that separates the swimming area from the res. It is closed when they charge for admission.
there is also a hole in the fence on the reservoir side you can sneak through. it isn't blazed for bikes, so be courteous. wouldn't ride it in the summer.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions