Nationals (Natz) role call

That was crazy fun! At the beginning of the day around 7:30 AM with snow on the ground the course was so icy it didn't seem rideable. Luckily we got a little sun and mud. By race time the course was just right. Man that was fun! Best looking muddy bikes ever!!

Great job today everyone! A++! Was a lot of fun to follow along on live results when possible.

A few questions ahead of my arrival to double fist beer and coffee, and lose my voice:

1. What's the cowbell situation? BYO? Available on site? You know I love my bellz.

2. Food recommendations?

3. Beer tent locations...the USAC Twitter account posted a picture of what looked like a Sierra Nevada tent ON TOP of Bonk Breaker Hill. True or False? Is beer consumption allowed outside of beer tent immediate area?

Great job today everyone! A++! Was a lot of fun to follow along on live results when possible.

A few questions ahead of my arrival to double fist beer and coffee, and lose my voice:

1. What's the cowbell situation? BYO? Available on site? You know I love my bellz.

2. Food recommendations?

3. Beer tent locations...the USAC Twitter account posted a picture of what looked like a Sierra Nevada tent ON TOP of Bonk Breaker Hill. True or False? Is beer consumption allowed outside of beer tent immediate area?

Always good to bring your own, but cowbells were at the Shimano tent and a few other spots. Judging by the smiles on peoples face that beer at the tent must be pretty good. Didn't try the food.

Did anyone that raced yesterday wake up with golf ball sized bruise on their shoulder this morning? I wonder what that is from. ;)

Punching yourself after realizing your power washed your BB into sand?
@StayHydrated! There are official cowbell available at the reg building (boat launch by the river) as well as some frankly nice hats etc.
Cans at the top of the hill (torpedo @7+ abv and reg'lar Sierra Nevada @5abv.), cups at the start finish with more selection. Wander freely. Zero hassle

The final tally on repairs needed...

Headset bearings
BB bearings
Deraileur pulley bearings
Front and rear brake pads
Chain

To be fair, the pads and chain were on their way before the race. But the bearings definitely met their makers in Hartford.

The final tally on repairs needed...

Headset bearings
BB bearings
Deraileur pulley bearings
Front and rear brake pads
Chain

To be fair, the pads and chain were on their way before the race. But the bearings definitely met their makers in Hartford.

Double Yikes

Those power washers will kill bearings. My plan is to keep the bearings safe by encasing the bike in a protective shell of adobe mud to prevent water ingress. In about mid-August I'll break out the rock hammer and excavate a perfectly preserved race machine.

IMG_1747.JPG

So that bike made the trip from Hartford on top of your car and is still covered in adobe?

Back
Top Bottom