Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

excuse if covered previously - but any suggestions for FREE live streaming on Tour De France?

I tried one (shadow-net.org) and it worked fine for about 10 minutes then crashed and is not coming back.

NBCSportsGold has a $30 year long subscription but I would rather not pay for something if I can get it for free :)

suggestions?

excuse if covered previously - but any suggestions for FREE live streaming on Tour De France?

I tried one (shadow-net.org) and it worked fine for about 10 minutes then crashed and is not coming back.

NBCSportsGold has a $30 year long subscription but I would rather not pay for something if I can get it for free :)

suggestions?
steephill.tv find feeds that will work each day. Usually the eurosport feeds are solid

wasn't able to get eurosport or steephill.tv to stream successfully on any of my devices after multiple tries over numerous days, so went with NBCSportsGold.

has total of 15 races during the year (including MTB Worlds). seems I'll be watching a lot of cycling this year :)

Last edited:
Well, cav got his medal, even though it wasnt gold:

Hey, get off my podium!
giphy.gif

I've read a handful of articles about it. British Cycling really needs to keep him away from reporters for a while. He's digging an extraordinarily deep hole for himself, PR wise.

I've read a handful of articles about it. British Cycling really needs to keep him away from reporters for a while. He's digging an extraordinarily deep hole for himself, PR wise.
British Cycling needs to stay out of the media in general. Seems like there is an imminent collapse there with the heat over the Olympic team selection, the current women's road WC and current super star missing doping tests and that they seemingly hate women. Also consider there is a laser focus on him being a super star.
Same hole, different dirt. Somewhere in Australia Heinrich Hausler is screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!" at a small black and white television.
Yah, that was basically the end of HH's career, never was quite the same after that, well never was quite the same after he cried winning that TDF stage. I wonder if Thor beat him up on the team bus after that?

Now that the "Olympic" diversion is wrapping up, it's "Vuelta Time"! (Well almost)

If The Tour is "the golden child" of the grand tours and The Giro is, in my mind , "the wild child"... The Vuelta could be considered "the red headed step child" of the tours. Be that as it may, it's kinda grown on me lately.

Yes, it doesn't always have the same number of "A Listers" as it's big brothers, but what it lacks in star power, it makes up in "treachery".

With the race coming after the transfer period, traditional team tactics can (Sometimes) take a back seat to cross (current) team alliances for individual stage wins.

Let the games begin.

Now that the "Olympic" diversion is wrapping up, it's "Vuelta Time"! (Well almost)

If The Tour is "the golden child" of the grand tours and The Giro is, in my mind , "the wild child"... The Vuelta could be considered "the red headed step child" of the tours. Be that as it may, it's kinda grown on me lately.

Yes, it doesn't always have the same number of "A Listers" as it's big brothers, but what it lacks in star power, it makes up in "treachery".

With the race coming after the transfer period, traditional team tactics can (Sometimes) take a back seat to cross (current) team alliances for individual stage wins.

Let the games begin.
Yeah, the last few years have seem to take it out of the "go through the motions" race. I just hope it doesn't become a skybot train.

Yeah, the last few years have seem to take it out of the "go through the motions" race. I just hope it doesn't become a skybot train.

I hear ya.

I'd love to see the organizers take away the race radio access to the teams. Let the riders only receive broadcast communications from race Marshalls (for safety reasons). I'd also like to remove all gap advisory info to the chase groups. Only the stage leader should benefit from the Intel.

I think that would lead to more daring breaks as well as wear out teams like Sky that depend on data as much as air to survive and force them to burn people out relaying messages to and from the team car.

Holy smokes, what a great stage today! We see what Froome Really is when he can't "sit in" behind his Sky minions the whole stage. In the end, Contador just couldn't hold Q's wheel. Had he been able to hold on a little longer he'd be in second. Q got his 3+ min. If he turns himself inside out in the TT now he's at least got a shot to hold on by his fingertips. Q's performance here just underlines just how disappointing his TDF was.

Oooo, DVR picked up the Tour of Britain Stage 1 tonight. Too tied to watch now... I'll catch it in the morning post ride.

Edit: Gorilla takes Stage 1. Caleb Ewan (2nd) had a very interesting ride, I need to keep an eye on this kid.
image.jpeg

Cav crashed on the left hander in the last couple hundred meters to the finish.
image.jpeg

It was too far back to be caught on camera (they were following the sprint) so we don't yet know if he was taken out by a novice or initiated the crash. What we do know is he shouldn't have been that far back with such a dangerous corner right at the end. Viviani was also involved so some Olympic hard feelings might have been involved.

Viviani's bike.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Holy smokes, what a great stage today! We see what Froome Really is when he can't "sit in" behind his Sky minions the whole stage. In the end, Contador just couldn't hold Q's wheel. Had he been able to hold on a little longer he'd be in second. Q got his 3+ min. If he turns himself inside out in the TT now he's at least got a shot to hold on by his fingertips. Q's performance here just underlines just how disappointing his TDF was.

Oooo, DVR picked up the Tour of Britain Stage 1 tonight. Too tied to watch now... I'll catch it in the morning post ride.

Edit: Gorilla takes Stage 1. Caleb Ewan (2nd) had a very interesting ride, I need to keep an eye on this kid.
View attachment 40324
Cav crashed on the left hander in the last couple hundred meters to the finish.
View attachment 40325
It was too far back to be caught on camera (they were following the sprint) so we don't yet know if he was taken out by a novice or initiated the crash. What we do know is he shouldn't have been that far back with such a dangerous corner right at the end. Viviana was also involved so some Olympic hard feelings might have been involved.

Viviani's bike.
View attachment 40326
Yeah, fair to say this is easily the best stage race of the year. I ha never been much of a Contador fan but man, Dudeman never backs down and sky doesn't have a strong enough squad to control the race like they do at the tour.

In any case, Froome goes all in for July and the Vuelta would have been a bonus, so isn't that much of a surprise he isn't performing like July.

Ewan has super potential but doesn't seem to quite be able to hang with the big guns even after a few seasons.

Poor Chaves, was on the podium for the Giro and Vuelta until a few days from the end. Better tweak the regimen for this year.

Well, Talansky and Yates are never gonna catch him...sooooo.... When Froome or Contador gets busted for EPO/HGH or something, he can get credit for 3rd. ;)

Back
Top Bottom