Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Well, Talansky and Yates are never gonna catch him...sooooo.... When Froome or Contador gets busted for EPO/HGH or something, he can get credit for 3rd. ;)
Tainted Spanish Beef! If Teejay isn't enough of a let down, Talansky looks like he is dying 1,000 times over on the bike, every day. Like he never, ever looks comfortable.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
A tale of two races. For the last week the DVR has let me watch the Vuelta and the Tour of Britain coverage back to back. For as good as the Vuelta has been, still can't believe Contador pissed the podium away, the ToB has been, well...crap. Taylor Phinney going out on a break, whoopee. The gorilla getting KOM points? What?!?! The leaderboard is chocked full of the who's' who of who gives a shit. It's the final stage so you'd think we might actually might get a real sprint finish. Truth be told I'm not going to watch the finish until tomorrow morning. There's no way I can sit through this dull circuit for another 40 min. Yes, I can just look online for the results, but it's how things unfold that I enjoy.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Fother Mucker! TJ VanDipshit rumored to skip The Tour and focus on the Giro. Now I'm going to have to watch the Giro with the sound off... at least until he's out of contention...or better yet, he crashes out.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Even though these are the demi classics, it is the kick-off of the cobbled classics with Omloop Het Nieuwsbald (OHN) on Saturday and Kuurne Brussels Kuurne (KBK). The spring races are hands down the best races of the year. Can Boonen boner to another Roubaix? Will Quickstep be able to maintain their early season form? Will Kirstoff find his 2015 legs? Will golden shoe GVA finally win a monument? Will Sagan murder all? Will Sep actually do something? Does anyone care? It all starts tomorrow. The early season races have not given man clues other than Quickstep murdering people in the face with something like 12? win already.

Last edited:

trener1

Another name to throw into the mix would be John Dekangolb, he seems to have recovered some most if not all of his 2015 form.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
No one over the age of 35 can listen to a Sagan interview and NOT think of this.....
C0628F5C-5F66-4CF5-9FB9-94917CD6B4A0.jpg

#ManChild, #PeterPan, #DatsAlot-o-Watts

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Soooo, I'm watching the DVR'd stage 1&2 of the horrible US micro coverage of Paris-Nice.

Holy Sh*t! Forget "Sticky Bottle", we're talking a "Bardet Slingshot". Romain got the old DQ so there's hope for a "Cleanish" officiated race.... time will tell.

Nice to see FDJ at the leading edge of a race for a change...the single rider in every break away shtick was getting old.

Phillipe Gilbert's spicing things up again... Don't think this is the stage for this.....well, he's not known as a master tactician. 6k to go aaaasand, he's caught.

Bunch sprint... Who, what how?

How did Degenkolb not win a sprint like this???? And who the F*ck is Colbrelli?

I'm confuzzeled.o_O

Stage 3 "coverage" at 2am...... I gotta get this VPN thing sorted.... cuz this NBC SC sh*t's isn't listenable and I'm missing like 70% of the race.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
After stage 3.... looks like the sprinters are not yet on form. Stage 4 is airing at 2am... again. Oh, it's a day off ...I mean Time Trial. ;)

Top Bottom