Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

choop

Sagan said from the start he was just working for the team, and then heading to the back to stay safe during the sprint. Exciting finish today. Looking forward to Sunday. Hoping Sagan still has something left in the tank.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kinda stoked Cav'll be there Sunday as well. Looking forward to seeing what Tony Martin can pull out of his hat

choop

With Greg VA out, I am curious who BMC will work for. I am hoping Phinney gets a shot at it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
With Greg VA out, I am curious who BMC will work for. I am hoping Phinney gets a shot at it.
Phinney won the jr Roubaix twice? but is he up to it this year due to coming back from his injuries? not sure. He was already named for the squad before GVA broke his collarbone but it woukd be a major ask for him to win. Knowing BMC, they will have Richie Port head the squad.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is OSS riding? If yes, he's gotta be their guy. Savvy, on form and due for a bit of support. He's the Van Summeren pick for Sunday. If everyone else Alphonse and Gaston's themselves into immobility, mebbe he's got a shot. Though Van Summeren was Hushovd's rabbit. Not sure how OSS can slip away like that. Mebbe they headfake w/Phinney or Burghardt?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Is it just me.... Or are the riders sporting the widest tires.....ever, at the classics this year. They look to be 30-32c. Quite a change from even a few years ago. Can't say I blame them.

#CobblesAreTheShit!

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is it just me.... Or are the riders sporting the widest tires.....ever, at the classics this year. They look to be 30-32c. Quite a change from even a few years ago. Can't say I blame them.

#CobblesAreTheShit!
Yeah at one point during Paris-Roubaix just now one of the analysts was waxing poetic about one of the riders on screen hammering on the pave on 30's

choop

Great last 5 k with everyone trying to fly off the front. One of the reasons I like the classics better than stage races.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Great last 5 k with everyone trying to fly off the front. One of the reasons I like the classics better than stage races.
Great last 100k....
Not sure how Sagan rode out of this one.
KrE3kz.gif

Note Cancellera's Wheel in the air
SPTDW221-1-660x440.jpg

ERQ32m.gif

What a heart breaker for Boonen. Congrats to Hayman.

On to the Ardennes!

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Linky to debunking? I've enjoyed the calf-gate developments.
And, yeah, been sneaking some Giro lately. Yesterday was pretty amazing. Sucks to be Moser, but holy crap what a finish. Another argument against radios - apparently Moser's earpiece had fallen out, so he had no idea what kind of bollicking was racing up behind him? Polemica!
(I bet he took it out on purpose - JV would have screwed that up much earlier)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Linky to debunking? I've enjoyed the calf-gate developments.
And, yeah, been sneaking some Giro lately. Yesterday was pretty amazing. Sucks to be Moser, but holy crap what a finish. Another argument against radios - apparently Moser's earpiece had fallen out, so he had no idea what kind of bollicking was racing up behind him? Polemica!
(I bet he took it out on purpose - JV would have screwed that up much earlier)
This wasn't the one I was thinking of but they bring some question to the methodologies for detection
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci...talian-media-mechanical-doping-investigation/

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So I watched the daily "coverage" and I use the term loosely, of the criterium du dauphine and I can't shake the feeling that it was some how artificial. Like a cookie cutter tv show... Plus. The GC just felt boring to me.

The Tour De Suisse on the other hand... I'm finding quite entertaining,

I even managed not to put my fingers down my throat when TJ had his "bounce back" day. I don't no why, but I just can't stand the guy.

The joy the Columbian riders are showing is really great to see. I hope some of this manifest itself in the TDF.

Top Bottom