Chimney Rock Conditions

Just had time for a short one. Pat was correct, looks like some small showers went through that didn't hit further North. Exposed stuff was a little wet but nothing major. Everything under tree cover was mostly bone dry. I would say a solid 3. It was pretty windy the whole time I was there, so if it doesn't rain overnight, should be even better tomorrow.

I rode Orange, Red, and White this afternoon. I gave it a "2," but it was a good "2." Yes, there were a few soft spots, but not peanut buttery. Most of the non-rocky ground was moist, but firm, or protected by leaves. Some areas were even dry. I would imagine that it will be even better tomorrow with the predicted dry weather and warmer temps.

I rode Orange, Red, and White this afternoon. I gave it a "2," but it was a good "2." Yes, there were a few soft spots, but not peanut buttery. Most of the non-rocky ground was moist, but firm, or protected by leaves. Some areas were even dry. I would imagine that it will be even better tomorrow with the predicted dry weather and warmer temps.

I'd go a "bad" 3. I wouldn't recommend everyone ride it right now. But if it's getting normal/local rider use mid-week, it's fine.

i rode orange, red and blue today...would give them all a solid 2...there we definitely some slick rocks and roots...but nothing extraordinary....typically pretty sloppy at the bottom of blue...

I rode Blue, Red, Orange, and Yellow today. It was only my second time to Chimney rock so I am not familiar with the "usual spots." As stated above, I'd rate it a solid 2 or maybe a shaky 3. Lower spots on blue were a little sloppy, the climb on yellow heading away from orange was partially frozen and a bit sloppy. I don't think any ruts were made or damage done but some spots were a bit slick.

I give you guys who ride here regularly a lot of credit. The rocks just punished me. I have mainly ridden 6MR and Hartshorne so this was something outside my comfort zone for sure.

Started at the ball field and for some reason (wishful thinking) I went to White. Mistake, all mud. Turned around and did Yellow which was fine. Not sure about the rest of the park.

yeah, the Rock is one of the worst draining in the state because of it's soil /rock foundation make up. Even more so during the colder months when the vegetation does zero absorption. I usually wait at least 5 days after any sort of rain to consider riding here.

We rode both red and blue this morning. I would say both are a solid 4 out of 4.

We rode both red and blue this morning. I would say both are a solid 4 out of 4.
3e65d21863674b32cd6aba35c967a8c1--gary-coleman-old-school.jpg

When did blue get better than orange in weather like this? @Kirt and the Jorba crew must be to thank

Nice! I was there yesterday and none of that was there in the afternoon. They're rolling at a staggering 20' a day!

I think they missed a board though...

Reactions: rlb

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions