Chimney Rock Conditions

We rode Reds blues and whites . Reds and blues in very good shape. Little mud.
White was mostly good, except twisters were very muddy and should avoided .

Will we need to pay a toll or will eazzypass work.. A 10 ton truck could roll that, WTF were they thinking?

Will we need to pay a toll or will eazzypass work.. A 10 ton truck could roll that, WTF were they thinking?
Yeah, so overbuilt
Would have been nice if they spent it on some other structures in the park. Though still appreciate that they fixed up the area, but miss the board walk

Yeah, so overbuilt
Would have been nice if they spent it on some other structures in the park. Though still appreciate that they fixed up the area, but miss the board walk
Yeah! The board walk was all we needed hikers included. oh well

The bridge was a Somerset County project, not the Park Commission and completely paid by the County. The Park had little to no say in it, so the money would not have gone back into the park in any other way. The boardwalk obviously did not work any more. We repaired it multiply times & every strong storm would knock it out of place again. Add to that, a quarter of it was missing & it had broken boards all over. It's time was over. While I agree that the new one is overkill, they wanted something to be able to get small vehicles across for emergencies/fires. I'm thrilled they invested (or over invested) in the park as It's something we will all use for many years to come and will be happy when its finished.

@Kirt If they want vehicle access past the bridge I'm assuming they will cut a road to the left after the bridge if you're heading west so it can meet up with the fire road? Did anyone mention that or did I just miss it?

The bridge was a Somerset County project, not the Park Commission and completely paid by the County. The Park had little to no say in it, so the money would not have gone back into the park in any other way. The boardwalk obviously did not work any more. We repaired it multiply times & every strong storm would knock it out of place again. Add to that, a quarter of it was missing & it had broken boards all over. It's time was over. While I agree that the new one is overkill, they wanted something to be able to get small vehicles across for emergencies/fires. I'm thrilled they invested (or over invested) in the park as It's something we will all use for many years to come and will be happy when its finished.
As much fun as it was to try to ride the boardwalk, as a (former) civil defense lawyer I have to say that it was a lawsuit waiting to happen. If anyone was injured on it, county would prob face liability for a failure to maintain it.
Glad the county invested $$ into the park.

@Kirt If they want vehicle access past the bridge I'm assuming they will cut a road to the left after the bridge if you're heading west so it can meet up with the fire road? Did anyone mention that or did I just miss it?

Nothing was mentioned to me but doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'll ask what the plan is when this project is done.

Almost half way across, progress.

IMG_3390.JPG

Those beavers work hard. My dentist 'wood' not approve if I tried this.

Some how mtb's will get blamed for the loss of trees.

Can't wait to ride over the new bridge...what are we going to name it? Beaver Bridge...?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions