Chimney Rock Conditions

stilluf

CR was in great shape this afternoon. Trails dry, with a bit of slickness from wet leaves. If we get the expected rain, I’d imagine CR won’t be decent for a few days.

qclabrat

sure CR will suck today,
but got a PSA from nixle that there are downed wire on Washington Valley by Newmans in case you plan on going there

stilluf

Chimney in great shape this am. Rode Reds and blues, plenty of leaves down, but dirt is mostly dry, rocks all dry. 3/4.
Tree down at bottom of boardwalk on Blue. Someone added a few logs to make it easier, but partially blocks lower ramp.

qclabrat

Agreed great conditions but packed at 8am
A few trees down on white near the wet section with and we tried to move a smaller tree near the old boardwalk

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I was avoiding for awhile, but it's been bone dry and we are not doing any more damage than the heavy equipment that's running around there.

I would assume the closure is more for during the week when they are actually working there.

FitmanNJ

Thinking that this would probably be the driest trail at Chimney Rock, I rode everything on Yellow today. There was pooled water in quite a few places other than the purely rocky sections. There were also sections of soggy/wet/soft trail, although very little mud as many of these areas were covered by grass. Going slowly through the wet sections kept from splashing water, cutting into the trail, and drenching the bike. All-in-all, it was rideable, but not without it's limitations. I gave it a "2." I don't know about the other trails at CR.

pygmypony

Thinking that this would probably be the driest trail at Chimney Rock, I rode everything on Yellow today. There was pooled water in quite a few places other than the purely rocky sections. There were also sections of soggy/wet/soft trail, although very little mud as many of these areas were covered by grass. Going slowly through the wet sections kept from splashing water, cutting into the trail, and drenching the bike. All-in-all, it was rideable, but not without it's limitations. I gave it a "2." I don't know about the other trails at CR.
going to give it a shot tomorrow morning...hopefully it will have dried out a bit...

pygmypony

if you ride please share a trail report. thanks!
sorry guys...i did make it out this morning and it was pretty good...had to get right on the road to virginia so i didn't have a chance to post an update...

rode blue and red and they were both very rideable...with a few wet spots but nothing really troublesome

fuego154

I posted on MTBNJ and all I got was this stupid ni
Nice.

I can only assume I gave you the nickname. But I have no memory of this.
I can’t recall either. I remember I made the mistake of asking how to change the nickname. Pretty funny.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Any ideas on what the conditions will be like tomorrow afternoon? Looking to get in a ride after work.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions