Haz fun today
Check out the new plus rides
MVIMG_20171202_082901.jpg

been to Nassau many times but have never seen this barn, where exactly is it?
I could be wrong... but from the lot, we went up Nassau rd and into the fire road. Took a right and soon after Walter seemed to know about this place and said "photo opt!" We took another right and there it was.

full

Last edited:
I ended up having to work tomorrow. If you guys want to do a beginner ride in Bergen and check out the boys scout camp in alpine I know the area very well. It’s completely legal to ride and a lot of fun.

I ended up having to work tomorrow. If you guys want to do a beginner ride in Bergen and check out the boys scout camp in alpine I know the area very well. It’s completely legal to ride and a lot of fun.
I may take you up , I grew in NYC & Bergen , know that area but not that trail ...

Too far for most weekends, but I'd like to do a mtb ride and go into the city via the GWB. Is that possible from Alpine?
me and Diddy got to catch up some time anyways...
2016%2F04%2F05%2F32%2Fcelebscoot.cc0d9.jpg

been to Nassau many times but have never seen this barn, where exactly is it?
@C8N got it right, after the field climb, make a right by the metal container and stay right. Should be easier to see now that the leaves are down. It's actually surprisingly clean in the old barn, even got a nice table inside for picnic if you don't mind the possible death

Wonder if Alpine is cross/gravel friendly... if so... then definitely can do a ride over the bridge..... only if I had a cross/gravel bike lol

where do you folks want to ride this weekend?
want to keep the streak alive and not be like this guy:
pooreli.jpg

this was the schedule, but as you know it goes to shit each week
8AM start for each: (I'm going to try for 7AM for most rides and loop back to the lot at 8)
Dec 9- Round Valley or Six Mile
Dec 16- Stephens
Dec 23- Allaire or Six Mile
Dec 30- Ringwood or Jungle

Probably no 6mile till after the new year or when it freezes over, unless 100% good to ride
Want to do Round Valley, but then no one will come back next week
Help me keep week 9 alive, propose somewhere (just not too far from Chimney Rock area)

Wonder if Alpine is cross/gravel friendly... if so... then definitely can do a ride over the bridge..... only if I had a cross/gravel bike lol
seemingly not, thinking mtb Alpine then GWB then Cunningham and back
that's so Liong...

seemingly not, thinking mtb Alpine then GWB then Cunningham and back
that's so Liong...
IMO, mtb miles are so much tougher. I can do 50 road miles with relative ease but 20 mtb miles would kill me.
Park at Alpine, ride over the bridge and step a foot at Cunningham and then come back, doable.
But to ride Alpine then over the bridge and ride to and at Cunningham and then back.... I would need an oxygen tank with the paramedics near by to shove back the lungs that I've coughed up.

Last edited:
so... ride this weekend? i'll put the details on the "what's happening thread"

Back
Top Bottom