Astark

Whale Farts
It was a lot of fun. The loose rocks held me up a bit but lots of great features and still a lot more to explore. I’ll be back again soon for sure. Big thanks to paul for showing me around

GreenMachine

6 mile today - very muddy in spots ... just an FYI ran into hunters - full camouflage scouting deer for the week - bow hunting full swing can’t kill on Sundays but riding at the same time the lot is filled with Hunters is a concern.

qclabrat

All this talk about Jungle has me thinking to give it a try this Saturday. Only been there once but maybe a local will show us around? Needs to be early though, 7am? We can loop back to pick up others at 8.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This was my one and only Jungle ride.
Forgot to turn on strava until half way into Warthog.
I remember I knocked down a tree on that ride.... I thought Jungle wasn't too friendly to wide bars.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Parts of jungle aren't all that WBF but most are. I'm not going to know till later in the week if I'm working this weekend or not. There's a change that's supposed to go in this weekend (meaning I have to work) but there's a chance it'll get postponed to next week... Which if that's the case, I would definitely be in to hitting jungle. Warthog basically goes 3/4 the way around the old lower and upper interior parking areas. As long as you find the entrance (going clockwise) it's fairly straight forward... Though with all the leaves there's a fair chance of misreading the trail if ya spend the whole time looking at the front wheel instead of the markings on the trees....but that's true everywhere.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
2 years ago?
Yeah.... at the time I had this thing where I didn't want to ride anywhere else until I can ride HM without getting off the saddle. Obviously that hasn't happened even till now but I heard so much about Jungle that I had to go. Plus it was an opportunity to ride with @soundz

Then the highlight..... the JUNGLE!! Pretty fun place. It would have been better if I knew how to ride! lol
Sexy legs told me that it was more rocks and less climbing when compared to HM. Sexy legs was right. Pretty tough place for a noob but fun no less.
I had to leave my mark and I broke a tree along the way. Just glad it wasn't the other way around. Curious as to how I would do if the place was dry.
I will be back Jungle.... and it shall be a rumble!
Older I get... the cornier I get.

qclabrat

Yeah.... at the time I had this thing where I didn't want to ride anywhere else until I can ride HM without getting off the saddle. Obviously that hasn't happened even till now but I heard so much about Jungle that I had to go. Plus it was an opportunity to ride with @soundz
even Liong needs to stand and mash in some sections, get over it
HM like CR are fun parks, but lacks opportunities for guys like us to spin and cruise, that's why Nassau feels so great at the moment
At CR I feel like I have to be on guard full time or risk an otb or broken arm

qclabrat

Parts of jungle aren't all that WBF but most are. I'm not going to know till later in the week if I'm working this weekend or not. There's a change that's supposed to go in this weekend (meaning I have to work) but there's a chance it'll get postponed to next week... Which if that's the case, I would definitely be in to hitting jungle. Warthog basically goes 3/4 the way around the old lower and upper interior parking areas. As long as you find the entrance (going clockwise) it's fairly straight forward... Though with all the leaves there's a fair chance of misreading the trail if ya spend the whole time looking at the front wheel instead of the markings on the trees....but that's true everywhere.
well then I'll pencil you in, doe can't stay later than 12ish or I'll get in trouble...
@Mr.Moto?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
even Liong needs to stand and mash in some sections, get over it
HM like CR are fun parks, but lacks opportunities for guys like us to spin and cruise, that's why Nassau feels so great at the moment
At CR I feel like I have to be on guard full time or risk an otb or broken arm
I meant to say... without getting knocked off the saddle.
Anyways, I've gotten over it... I also had a thing where if I can't climb it up... don't bother riding it down. I've gotten over this as well. lol
My rides have been so lazy lately... I guess I need to get back to fundamentals and get my fitness up.

I've dusted off the roadie and lubed the chains this weekend. Gonna go back to riding both days on the weekend, 1 road ride and 1 mtb ride.

Mr.Moto

well then I'll pencil you in, doe can't stay later than 12ish or I'll get in trouble...
@Mr.Moto?

Funny, I've been following this thread and have been wanting to jump in on some of these rides. Lately my weekends have been tight though. This Saturday we are suppose to check out a high school for my daughter in the morning. I'll see if I can get a pass from that and will post if I can go.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Funny, I've been following this thread and have been wanting to jump in on some of these rides. Lately my weekends have been tight though. This Saturday we are suppose to check out a high school for my daughter in the morning. I'll see if I can get a pass from that and will post if I can go.
When we talked about JH and RW and needing a guide, we both thought... Bob! lol

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Parts of jungle aren't all that WBF but most are.
I think I was running a 690 at the time and I remember things being a bit tight at a particular section.
I don't remember where... but it's probably the same place where I knocked down a tree.

I wonder how many trees I will knock down this time around with 780 bar and not much better skillz.... :(

Top Bottom