31/31 ---> JULY 2017! CONTEST! WIN $100!

July 23
21.1 miles
1:21:01

Nice cool weather in the late afternoon.

Saw this doll just weirdly "sitting" at the end of a random driveway in Roxbury.

IMG_4729.JPG

The view of Budd Lake might be nice, but I wouldn't swim in it.

IMG_4730.JPG

@JRP581
Outdoor Research Men's Helium II Jacket
lightweight and pack-able. some reviewers say it's not waterproof, mine seems fine.
I like that the hood will fit over my helmet.
There is only one small inside pocket.
I got orange because I'm out a lot in hunting season.
Thanks

Day 24

* I had plans to do the CR Monday ride, then it rained.
* So I had plans to do a road ride after work, then Julia's mom said she was sick and I might need to cover tonight.
* So then I just went out and got what I could in case my day went further sideways. I would go out again later if I was free.
* then she confirmed I had to cover, so my evening ride was shot.

The reality of my work life is crunching right now. It is going to be hard to maintain Martin pace especially with today's mulligan. We'll see what I can whip up tomorrow but I am putting in work time late night & early morning to try and cover for our vacation in 2 weeks. I know he's going to hammer out some big rides this coming weekend so I may owe him a jar of pickles, or whatever I decide that he deserves.

Maybe his prize will be that he gets to show me around Wissahickon.

July Challenge Day 24: Day started to go sideways early so I got my hour in when I could

1:02:09
15.7 miles

Overall

24 days, I have lost count of rides, who cares anyway?
Time: 57:55
Time to goal: 4:05

I meant to take this one picture around the corner. But I didn't. So you get this from @capedoc

20229230_10213618772160590_3336242731382512011_n.jpg

And on day 23 I have to bow out. Woke up feeling like crap. Not a hang over either. Never recovered. Been too dizzy to ride. It was a good run. Hopefully back at it tomorrow.

Gl to the rest of you!
F
M
L

Day 24 is where it ends. Planned on Fun Mondays, cause WFH. Rain killed that idea. About 3:30 or 4:00, my stomach started to take issue with me. Took TUMS, which usually works.
After logging out from work, took a chance and changed to head out. I knew this would be just to get the minutes in, and nothing more.

From the moment I hit start on my Garmin, I know this would be a loosing battle. 1 mile in and I feel like shit. At 2 miles, my stomach was in knots, so I turned around and gingerly rode home.
Game over.
22 minutes on saddle. Enough spent elsewhere to get my total for the activity over 60, butt those don't count. I think it was bad cantaloupe I had as a snack. At least that way I'll be fine tomorrow.

F
M
L

Day 24 is where it ends. Planned on Fun Mondays, cause WFH. Rain killed that idea. About 3:30 or 4:00, my stomach started to take issue with me. Took TUMS, which usually works.
After logging out from work, took a chance and changed to head out. I knew this would be just to get the minutes in, and nothing more.

From the moment I hit start on my Garmin, I know this would be a loosing battle. 1 mile in and I feel like shit. At 2 miles, my stomach was in knots, so I turned around and gingerly rode home.
Game over.
22 minutes on saddle. Enough spent elsewhere to get my total for the activity over 60, butt those don't count. I think it was bad cantaloupe I had as a snack. At least that way I'll be fine tomorrow.

Damn, suck, balls. Good run, back at it tomorrow....

Everyone else needs to stay on it!

Day 24 Part I and Part II

I was thinking this was going to be a wet day but I got lucky - it was sunny on and off here over lunch, and then after work it was sunny for a while before the storms started rolling in. I saw it coming at me about 27 miles in and made it the last six or seven miles before anything came down.

36142163425_83c16e9de3_b.jpg

The storms are rollin' in!

July 24
29.6 miles
2:19:48

My wife wanted to come along on ride so we decided to head to Califon, but that we would take another route than our usual. We rode along the top of the ridge that is the top of Schooley's Mtn. We continued through Long Valley into Califon Twp. and then had about a 2 mile long descent down to Route 513 and the town/boro of Califon. We were passing the General store around 5:30 and saw that it had closed at 4pm. The owner came out and said he could scoop ice cream, so we each got a cone. We returned home via Route 513 going through Middle Valley and Long Valley.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1099921445

July 24
29.6 miles
2:19:48

My wife wanted to come along on ride so we decided to head to Califon, but that we would take another route than our usual. We rode along the top of the ridge that is the top of Schooley's Mtn. We continued through Long Valley into Califon Twp. and then had about a 2 mile long descent down to Route 513 and the town/boro of Califon. We were passing the General store around 5:30 and saw that it had closed at 4pm. The owner came out and said he could scoop ice cream, so we each got a cone. We returned home via Route 513 going through Middle Valley and Long Valley.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1099921445

dats wat imma tawkin bout!

gee, no middle valley road to zellers climb? :D

nice job by V !!!

Day 25 - I had no time to ride during the workday today. I didn't even eat lunch - just worked on one project all day. Ugh. So I got home, suited up and headed out right away before I could even consider the fact that it was more or less going to rain at some point during the ride. I got lucky, though -- the rain that hit wasn't too hard and it was actually kind of pleasant.

So as of this evening, I'm at about 825 miles on the month, which means that I'm in pretty good shape to hit my thousand mile goal for the month.

36167134145_6a1be347a0_b.jpg

Mo' horses ...

35775532390_e2b03bb166_b.jpg

The sky was really cool tonight ... these clouds eventually dropped a little rain on me, but nothing like what we got here last night ...

Day 25

Had every intention to come as close to 4:05 as I could today to get to my 62 hour goal for the month, but then work screwed up my day. So I did what Martin did and went out to ride in the rain. In the end it wasn't so bad, save for that stupid song that ends up in my head every time.

5 months until Xmas.

July Challenge Day 25: I really dislike that stupid Barry Manilow song

2:20
39.2 miles

Overall

60:15
1:45 from goal, which I should hit tomorrow

Came home and at this awesome broccoli salad that D made.

IMG_5268.JPG

So I did what Martin did and went out to ride in the rain. In the end it wasn't so bad, save for that stupid song that ends up in my head every time
MacArthur Park?
Technically that's a cover tune when he does it.

I did the road ride down Clinton Rd to a fire road the forestry dept. was working on last week.
They did major work on this old trail and opened it up for their use. I rode this new cut trail up and
over to Stevens rd and back down to Clinton rd. Lots of trails in there, yellow goes to the fire tower.

July 26_1.jpg

July 26_2.jpg

Warning: This ride will be Strava-stalked...by me.
I did the road ride down Clinton Rd to a fire road the forestry dept. was working on last week.
They did major work on this old trail and opened it up for their use. I rode this new cut trail up and
over to Stevens rd and back down to Clinton rd. Lots of trails in there, yellow goes to the fire tower.

View attachment 55266

View attachment 55265

Back
Top Bottom