2017 MTB Racing

Has anyone heard any buzz on tentative date(s) for the SSaP for '17?

To anyone with a hand in scheduling: Please don't overlap Creek with Nationals, July 19-23, Snowshoe, W. Va.

Events are starting to pop-up now! DH40 is officially back (if I can say "officially" based on a FB post from The Mayor.) SSAP is once again in May (reg opens on Super Bowl Sunday.) Also, LBD registration opens Feb 12 at 7 pm - just an awesome all-day event in a really cool unique place that you can't ride the rest of the year!

Has anyone heard any buzz on tentative date(s) for the SSaP for '17?

saw this on FB:

So, 2017...here we are! Attended the DEC meeting and May 7th is a no go...seems it's a special turkey hunting weekend....SSAP 2017 is May 21st...registration will open Super Bowl Sunday @ noon as always...field is limited to 300 entrants...we are adding another class this year....Open Men 55+...gonna give the old farts a chance to throw down! Oh yeah...one more thing...due to popular demand, and the chance to ride Stewart...party...and relive the past...Dark Horse 40 returns September 17th...registration opens St. Patrick's Day @ noon..limited to 300 as well...yup...put down that pint glass and ante up! Keeping it real in the Hudson Valley!

Events are starting to pop-up now! DH40 is officially back (if I can say "officially" based on a FB post from The Mayor.) SSAP is once again in May (reg opens on Super Bowl Sunday.) Also, LBD registration opens Feb 12 at 7 pm - just an awesome all-day event in a really cool unique place that you can't ride the rest of the year!
What is LBD?

Yeah, it's a 13 hour race that starts at 9 a.m. Last lap has to start before 10 p.m. It's held on a private (and active) cattle farm off Route 15 in Leesburg, VA. You can race it solo or on a team. They run the course in opposite directions every other year. I wrote it up last year's race here if you want an idea of what it's like.

G
Leesburg Baker's Dozen. 13 hr endurance race. Based on @1speed reports from that race I'm thinking about giving this a try this year.
Interesting vibe, about 50 percent of riders come with their game faces, the other half start dipping into the Winnebago mini bar around noon. Did the 2 man team in 2015. The hour off the bike between laps is taxing. Looking at solo SS this time around.

saw this on FB:

So, 2017...here we are! Attended the DEC meeting and May 7th is a no go...seems it's a special turkey hunting weekend....SSAP 2017 is May 21st...registration will open Super Bowl Sunday @ noon as always...field is limited to 300 entrants...we are adding another class this year....Open Men 55+...gonna give the old farts a chance to throw down! Oh yeah...one more thing...due to popular demand, and the chance to ride Stewart...party...and relive the past...Dark Horse 40 returns September 17th...registration opens St. Patrick's Day @ noon..limited to 300 as well...yup...put down that pint glass and ante up! Keeping it real in the Hudson Valley!

I saw this...bummed as the SSaP falls in the same weekend as the Dirtfest....which is an action packed weekend of excessive beer drinking, biking, and debauchery.

Back
Top Bottom