2017 MTB Racing

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone heard any buzz on tentative date(s) for the SSaP for '17?

Rich W

To anyone with a hand in scheduling: Please don't overlap Creek with Nationals, July 19-23, Snowshoe, W. Va.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Events are starting to pop-up now! DH40 is officially back (if I can say "officially" based on a FB post from The Mayor.) SSAP is once again in May (reg opens on Super Bowl Sunday.) Also, LBD registration opens Feb 12 at 7 pm - just an awesome all-day event in a really cool unique place that you can't ride the rest of the year!

Tarroneus

Has anyone heard any buzz on tentative date(s) for the SSaP for '17?

saw this on FB:

So, 2017...here we are! Attended the DEC meeting and May 7th is a no go...seems it's a special turkey hunting weekend....SSAP 2017 is May 21st...registration will open Super Bowl Sunday @ noon as always...field is limited to 300 entrants...we are adding another class this year....Open Men 55+...gonna give the old farts a chance to throw down! Oh yeah...one more thing...due to popular demand, and the chance to ride Stewart...party...and relive the past...Dark Horse 40 returns September 17th...registration opens St. Patrick's Day @ noon..limited to 300 as well...yup...put down that pint glass and ante up! Keeping it real in the Hudson Valley!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Events are starting to pop-up now! DH40 is officially back (if I can say "officially" based on a FB post from The Mayor.) SSAP is once again in May (reg opens on Super Bowl Sunday.) Also, LBD registration opens Feb 12 at 7 pm - just an awesome all-day event in a really cool unique place that you can't ride the rest of the year!
What is LBD?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Yeah, it's a 13 hour race that starts at 9 a.m. Last lap has to start before 10 p.m. It's held on a private (and active) cattle farm off Route 15 in Leesburg, VA. You can race it solo or on a team. They run the course in opposite directions every other year. I wrote it up last year's race here if you want an idea of what it's like.

solorider

G
Leesburg Baker's Dozen. 13 hr endurance race. Based on @1speed reports from that race I'm thinking about giving this a try this year.
Interesting vibe, about 50 percent of riders come with their game faces, the other half start dipping into the Winnebago mini bar around noon. Did the 2 man team in 2015. The hour off the bike between laps is taxing. Looking at solo SS this time around.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
saw this on FB:

So, 2017...here we are! Attended the DEC meeting and May 7th is a no go...seems it's a special turkey hunting weekend....SSAP 2017 is May 21st...registration will open Super Bowl Sunday @ noon as always...field is limited to 300 entrants...we are adding another class this year....Open Men 55+...gonna give the old farts a chance to throw down! Oh yeah...one more thing...due to popular demand, and the chance to ride Stewart...party...and relive the past...Dark Horse 40 returns September 17th...registration opens St. Patrick's Day @ noon..limited to 300 as well...yup...put down that pint glass and ante up! Keeping it real in the Hudson Valley!

I saw this...bummed as the SSaP falls in the same weekend as the Dirtfest....which is an action packed weekend of excessive beer drinking, biking, and debauchery.

Top Bottom