The Inevitable Relapse

IMG_5750.JPG
Wuz thinking the same
I almost had to hit the like button. In the end they really pulled double duty, the Jeep is just way more reliable. Especially taking my wife to the beach.

IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG
So back to blog stuff. I was shot when I came home from work, 6.5lbs down this week and have ridden 18hrs since last Thursday. That's coming off 2-5hrs a week since December. I was going to do some trail work but thought it was best to relax.

Getting ready for some upgrades, so I headed to the Jeep shop fora bit followed by a cigar and adult beverage, tomorrow is back on the bike.

Does this mean we get to ride again soon? Advanced Thursdays? Don't worry, I'm as mediocre as I was a year ago.

I apologize for this. I am way better at this forum crap than I was 15 years ago however. I feel like I am never perceived the way I want to be online(I just suck in that aspect). I have such a simple mind set with life yet I over think everything...except forum blabbing. I guess I was frustrated having races end up like that a couple of times but could have buttered my suggestion up a little better.
Welcome back @Johnny Utah ...I still have my fatty...for now. Let's ride!

No worries. I think you got my point and I didn't want to belabor it anymore on the other thread. All good.

Are you sick of the comments yet?
Nice bike bro!
I didn't know Salsa made that color!
Sick bike!
I like you fat bike!
What's it weight? Is that carbon?
Or my favorite,
Did you buy that on purpose!

Glad you got it back!
I had my fun with it.

Should have worn a tutu while riding it, just to fuck with people. Ball is in your court @Johnny Utah

• The people who only care about bikes and training for years on end are horrible to be around.
  • Thank you for not being a mall Jeep person. I have a personal hatred for most Jeep owners. Possibly the worst on-road vehicle you can buy. Horrible high speed handling characteristics, expensive for a barebones vehicle, loud on the highway, horrible gas mileage, etc. But people love buying the "Did I tell you I crossfit?" image. Jeeps that actually rock crawl, I can get behind that.
  • When I was younger I hated VW bugs. Now I'd love to own one. Seem like such an awesome fun car to own. Sure they're dead slow but they're also super simple to work on, probably inexpensive to own as a fun car and quirky.

Are you sick of the comments yet?
Nice bike bro!
I didn't know Salsa made that color!
Sick bike!
I like you fat bike!
What's it weight? Is that carbon?
Or my favorite,
Did you buy that on purpose!

Glad you got it back!
I had my fun with it.
Thanks buddy, having her back is a huge part of the fun! This bike just works very well for what I like to do and my area.

• The people who only care about bikes and training for years on end are horrible to be around.
  • Thank you for not being a mall Jeep person. I have a personal hatred for most Jeep owners. Possibly the worst on-road vehicle you can buy. Horrible high speed handling characteristics, expensive for a barebones vehicle, loud on the highway, horrible gas mileage, etc. But people love buying the "Did I tell you I crossfit?" image. Jeeps that actually rock crawl, I can get behind that.
  • When I was younger I hated VW bugs. Now I'd love to own one. Seem like such an awesome fun car to own. Sure they're dead slow but they're also super simple to work on, probably inexpensive to own as a fun car and quirky.
I agree with point one. When I am in training mode I am horrible to be around as well, that's why I try to ride alone. Part of it is escaping work as well, so I tend to think a lot when I ride. To be honest I structure a lot of deals for work while I am riding. It's probably the only time I have with little to no distractions.

Cannot explain how much I cannot stand mall crawlers. These days the jeep companies have people thinking they need a million gadgets, so the costs to build these can get near $100k. The fact that people build these things to stand in a Quaker State parking lot is beyond me. The fun part is when they sell them and pull the old "over $80k invested". No, over $80k spent.

Totally agree on the bug. My wife loves them, so I am all about it. The nice thing is the simplicity and the lightweight, so it makes it easy for me. I am thinking we need to find one with a solid body, the rest will fall into place.

Back
Top Bottom