Johnny Utah

IMG_5336.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
who has some edge detection software ? :D

or is that already chopped?

rustynuts

You must be re-modeling some sort of your room in your home. Nobody really rides bikes in this section except for Jim V

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I gotta say, it 11:40pm, I'm kinda hammered, I ate two slices of barely cooked Sbarros pizza in the car ride home, and I'm not sure whut this thread is bout. Do I need to see some one???

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can read this so does it mean we have to flip you over? I don't understand Jeep things, or much of anything these days. Please help.

Johnny Utah

So my previous training thread is dead, as life caused me to take a break from that format since April of 16.

The in-between has brought about a host of things that are not conducive to cycling, especially the Jeep which encourages large blocks of time dedicated to sitting followed by adult beverages and unhealthy food. God is it great.

Jeeping is really boating for people who hate boats.

That being said it is not something I have just picked up, I have usually had some type of off highway vehicle since I was 17.

This thread will re-incorporate my training for several events this year along with the Jeeping life.

What are some of my goals for the thread?
  • Document my time training for Cathedral Pines and possibly an array of other fat events.
  • Document my struggles to get back to a competitive weight
  • Document preparing to drive out to Easter Jeep Safari in Moab Utah to wheel for a week.
  • Document Jeeping in Moab Utah
  • To kill the "like" button.
Hopefully it is not to disappointing, what haven't you started your thread yet?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
So you in a sense did what I have thought about doing, just completely stepping away from riding. One of my friends did this recently and I must admit it has crossed my mind at times. I'm not near that now though, and motivation is back on the green side.

How did you walk away from riding as much as you did, or "training" in that sense? I now have a good balance of what is acceptable (I think), but whenever I wasn't riding, I felt like I was missing out. I was going to get slow or fat. I assume having another hobby makes it easier, but what about just the general health/fitness? You didn't care that you were getting fat?

Mountain Bike Mike

Good luck!

My thread has been moved to the link in my signature.

I thoroughly enjoy observing as you go through phases.. the career stuffs, the kitchen remodel, the Found On Road Dead, Jeeping, how you change bikes like Iggy changes sweaty bibs, struggles with diet goals while posting pics of monsterous plates of fried goodness... It definitely keeps me tuned in.

One thing always comes to mind - you either make a shit ton of money, have a sugar momma or I completely lost touch with what its like to not have to support three kids. There is no way you're making your money back on all these transactions.

Top Bottom