The Inevitable Relapse

rlb

I think it gets boring, be it the same bike, the same beer, the same burger, the same stack of bird seed, etc. People will be like "wow man you killa" on day 1 then on day 10 they're like, "EAT A GODDAMN CHEESESTEAK ALREADY!"

One piece of unsolicited advice for this whole thread, many people posting in it. Drop the negative stuff. There's far too much hate/dislike/can't stand for the short life of this thread. Just my opinion, but this struck me the other day and I just got around to saying it.

When you eat a piece of cake, do you say, "Man fuck onions, onions suck!"? Or do you say, "This be a damn fine piece of cake!"?

Focus on the cake, the onions will seem less important then.

I don't not like this. Shit, are double negatives allowed?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
img_5844-jpg.55214

giphy.gif

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
are there trails (or whatever they are called) that are not doable in current configuration?
or does it just make it easier, like 27.5+ ?

stretched looks more badder too.

Johnny Utah

are there trails (or whatever they are called) that are not doable in current configuration?
or does it just make it easier, like 27.5+ ?

stretched looks more badder too.
Oh yes, mostly the climbs. It gets complicated, like The Whole tire/wheelsize debate.

huffster

This thread has been an entertaining read so far. I will continue to visit.

Anyway, I commented earlier about the Jeep on the beach. But, I didn't really say "Welcome back!" I was kind of wondering where you had gone.

2 things:
1) What the heck is "Strava-doping"? I assume its some way of cheating the time on a segment, and I could see why some over-zealous people might do it. But, how does one actually do that? Asking for a friend.:)
2) On the Jeep front...I have 2 friends who have Jeeps. One has never left the pavement. The other goes on the woods regularly with me as the navigator. Its not quite as modified as yours and not really a crawler, but we do some legit 4-wheelin'. Try as we might, the other guy simply will not take his baby off-road. Its a fuckin' Jeep, that's what its for!!!:rolleyes:

Johnny Utah

IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4146.JPG
This thread has been an entertaining read so far. I will continue to visit.

Anyway, I commented earlier about the Jeep on the beach. But, I didn't really say "Welcome back!" I was kind of wondering where you had gone.

2 things:
1) What the heck is "Strava-doping"? I assume its some way of cheating the time on a segment, and I could see why some over-zealous people might do it. But, how does one actually do that? Asking for a friend.:)
2) On the Jeep front...I have 2 friends who have Jeeps. One has never left the pavement. The other goes on the woods regularly with me as the navigator. Its not quite as modified as yours and not really a crawler, but we do some legit 4-wheelin'. Try as we might, the other guy simply will not take his baby off-road. Its a fuckin' Jeep, that's what its for!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks buddy!

The way Strava doping was explained to me is that you upload your ride to a third party that "compresses" it, thereby making the ride faster my reducing the time the distance was traveled. Then you repost.

I will have to let you know when we roll out locally, as you guys are more than welcome to join.

Jeep meet and heavy cheat meal is coming tomorrow at Quaker State in Brick. Lots of shenanigans as well!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now it makes sense!
Kudos for the MacGyver water bottle fix.... missinf duct tape, a paper clip, and a bomb though....

Top Bottom