The Inevitable Relapse

Johnny Utah

IMG_5845.JPG
Meal prep is real

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I still eat that way er'day... I learn't not many people are interested in looking at pics of nasty green and red drinks or big bowls of bird seed.

I think it gets boring, be it the same bike, the same beer, the same burger, the same stack of bird seed, etc. People will be like "wow man you killa" on day 1 then on day 10 they're like, "EAT A GODDAMN CHEESESTEAK ALREADY!"

One piece of unsolicited advice for this whole thread, many people posting in it. Drop the negative stuff. There's far too much hate/dislike/can't stand for the short life of this thread. Just my opinion, but this struck me the other day and I just got around to saying it.

When you eat a piece of cake, do you say, "Man fuck onions, onions suck!"? Or do you say, "This be a damn fine piece of cake!"?

Focus on the cake, the onions will seem less important then.

Johnny Utah

I think it gets boring, be it the same bike, the same beer, the same burger, the same stack of bird seed, etc. People will be like "wow man you killa" on day 1 then on day 10 they're like, "EAT A GODDAMN CHEESESTEAK ALREADY!"

One piece of unsolicited advice for this whole thread, many people posting in it. Drop the negative stuff. There's far too much hate/dislike/can't stand for the short life of this thread. Just my opinion, but this struck me the other day and I just got around to saying it.

When you eat a piece of cake, do you say, "Man fuck onions, onions suck!"? Or do you say, "This be a damn fine piece of cake!"?

Focus on the cake, the onions will seem less important then.
Well said.......I love cake too.

Johnny Utah

IMG_5844.JPG
I will add this, I am never going to be a 170 elite racer. My meal prep is in recovery from yesterday where I had lunch with a client who insisted we had burgers. As hard as it was, the fries were skipped but the burger was tasty. In the evening I had a loan closing with a customer that wanted to have cocktails in celebration. The big thing is staying on track in between those events. Some weeks it is very difficult as I may have several events a week.

It also helps getting a two hour ride in after said lunch.

Johnny Utah

IMG_5843.JPG
In other news, I have been rolling the bigger rubber out to size things up for Moab, I would really like to be rolling on 40" rubber for the trip, but that would require huge modifications including stretching the wheelbase and possible ditching my Dana 44 axles.

Mountain Bike Mike

I thoroughly enjoy observing as you go through phases.. the career stuffs, the kitchen remodel, the Found On Road Dead, Jeeping, how you change bikes like Iggy changes sweaty bibs, struggles with diet goals while posting pics of monsterous plates of fried goodness... It definitely keeps me tuned in.

One thing always comes to mind - you either make a shit ton of money, have a sugar momma or I completely lost touch with what its like to not have to support three kids. There is no way you're making your money back on all these transactions.

Your two most recent posts - Burger and new Jeeps tires is the stuff that keeps me tuned in... goes back to my initial post...

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

stretch.jpg
stretching the wheelbase? sounds pretty simple :)
It is essential a long arm suspension instead of stock, cut the rear tub of the truck, new driveshafts as well as the associated plumbing. To give you an idea, the attached picture is what I am looking to do. This one has been stretched 6 inches, I want to go eight (for now). The stretch allows the Jeep to climb better, have a better departure angle as well as run the 40" rubber a lot better.

Top Bottom