Zoey From Halters Cycles has gone missing:

We use an airtag for Bailey. Unfortunately she needs to be near an iPhone to be detected and if she manages to slide out of her collar (she did once) it's no use.

One thing from the Hound Hunters that resonated with my experience with Bailey little escapades was not to run after the escapee nor call her name (well, two things then). Last week she chased a runner so hard that she bumped on my front wheel and caused me to crash and got away from me leash dangling behind her. I was also carrying two poo bags at the time. After calling her a couple of times, which only caused her to start playing hide and seek, I decided to ignore her, picked up my bike and poo bags and proceeded toward the trash can without paying her any attention. Within a hundred feet she was right behind me asking 'what did I do wrong?' , I just calmly picked up the leash and kept walking her like nothing happened.

We use an airtag for Bailey. Unfortunately she needs to be near an iPhone to be detected and if she manages to slide out of her collar (she did once) it's no use.

One thing from the Hound Hunters that resonated with my experience with Bailey little escapades was not to run after the escapee nor call her name (well, two things then). Last week she chased a runner so hard that she bumped on my front wheel and caused me to crash and got away from me leash dangling behind her. I was also carrying two poo bags at the time. After calling her a couple of times, which only caused her to start playing hide and seek, I decided to ignore her, picked up my bike and poo bags and proceeded toward the trash can without paying her any attention. Within a hundred feet she was right behind me asking 'what did I do wrong?' , I just calmly picked up the leash and kept walking her like nothing happened.
Sorry, so self-absorbed of me....I was very happy to hear the good news @jdog , as the parent of an escape artist I know well the stress that situation can create. Luckily she's back, hopefully appreciating more the life she has once she tried the one she thought she wanted!

Also...did she happen to record her activity on Strava?
And how many times did she get pissed off with other folks when they ruined her Strava time :D. I am really glad that she has made it home safe and sound. She usually is the first person to greet me when I stop in at Halters.

Back
Top Bottom