Zoey From Halters Cycles has gone missing:

so.. she was spotted again tonight. Back to her favorite spot on Long Hill Road in Hillsborough just south of the Kennel.

I got to the spot an hour after her sighting and I was able to follow her tracks for about 1/4 until the newly fallen leaves covered her tracks.

The crazy thing is that she was spotted 10 feet from a poster with her photo on a telephone pole. It's as if she fucking with us!!

Fingers crossed that she finds her way home very soon.
hmm close to the kennel and other dogs? does she like other dogs maybe shes hanging around the kennel for company, or food or shelter?

Seems like you have it narrowed down location wise maybe the kennel can pitch in and leave out some food for her? get her comfortable coming around?

leave some of her things from your house around the location too if you can't camp out.

does the kennel have any humane cage traps they can set ?

throwing more ideas off the top of my head hoping something works out. but glad to see she is still surviving and i really feel she wants to come back to you.

so.. she was spotted again tonight. Back to her favorite spot on Long Hill Road in Hillsborough just south of the Kennel.

I got to the spot an hour after her sighting and I was able to follow her tracks for about 1/4 until the newly fallen leaves covered her tracks.

The crazy thing is that she was spotted 10 feet from a poster with her photo on a telephone pole. It's as if she fucking with us!!

Fingers crossed that she finds her way home very soon.
What time were her two sightings in the kennel area? And were her tracks on the kennel side or other side of the road? Looked farther south last time by the stone wall and the bridge. I'll find some time again today to be in the area after I run some errands.

Reactions: SAM
What time were her two sightings in the kennel area? And were her tracks on the kennel side or other side of the road? Looked farther south last time by the stone wall and the bridge. I'll find some time again today to be in the area after I run some errands.
IMG_4298.png
The red dot 🔴 is roughly where I lost her trail. I’m headed out now for another look.

Her prior sighting were at 3 and 7ish

Also spotted at 6mr on n between the two.

If she wanted to come home she sure could have last night.

Riding 6MR today, will keep an eye out.
Cool.

On the off chance you see her maybe bring something like some chicken nuggets or anything portable that’s her favorite treat that you could entice her with. Also anything you could use as a temporary leash since you would have to walk her back to your car or someplace safe while you also have the bike.

Guessing she’s pretty hungry so if she’s not too spooked you might be able to gain her trust quicker. Just take it slow if you see her and don’t chase her instinct will be to run.

Hey J, I'm really sorry about this sad news. I know you are staying positive and doing everything you can. I'm following along closely, getting the word out, and also took a hike Tuesday morning. Ran into your neighbor too. If she is spotted at 6MR and you need a body to get to 6MR ASAP please call me! Prayers that she will be home soon!

Hey J, I'm really sorry about this sad news. I know you are staying positive and doing everything you can. I'm following along closely, getting the word out, and also took a hike Tuesday morning. Ran into your neighbor too. If she is spotted at 6MR and you need a body to get to 6MR ASAP please call me! Prayers that she will be home soon!
She was on the pipeline at sourlands and on long hill yesterday.

Also caught on a trail cam on east mtn road on tues

This bitch gets around
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 2.30.54 PM.png

Cool.

On the off chance you see her maybe bring something like some chicken nuggets or anything portable that’s her favorite treat that you could entice her with. Also anything you could use as a temporary leash since you would have to walk her back to your car or someplace safe while you also have the bike.

Guessing she’s pretty hungry so if she’s not too spooked you might be able to gain her trust quicker. Just take it slow if you see her and don’t chase her instinct will be to run.
Yea, I had all my dog-training tricks ready to go on the chance that I saw her. I previously trained our (now passed) vizsla as a therapy dog, she was amazing.

@jdog I really tried to pay attention and move as quietly as possible. Even snuck up on a coyote! No luck with Zoey, though. Sorry

She's been spotted again. This time at 2am on zion road. She's clearly roving around looking for snacks.

Dumb question but you posted up in all the local facebook groups right? People by me will literally go out looking for stranger’s dogs. It’s actually restored a little of my faith in humanity.

I’ve watched dog rescues trap stray dogs, and their first step is using Liquid Smoke (the bbq food additive) to attract the dog into a general area. Then use lure the dog into a havahart traps with treats like churu.

I'm less than a 10 minute drive from Long Hill Rd, so I've gone out a few times looking. I just finished a loop on Long Hill, East Mountain and Zion roads but no luck :confused:. I talked with someone from an hour's drive away who was there searching for Zoey as well. I'll bet we weren't the only ones. The more eyes the better.

@jdog - just for some context is this the kennel near where shes been seen? Im not that familiar with the area in general.

1696620807443.png

If my plans change tomorrow I may very well find some time to drive down and help look in the early afternoon. With the rain coming she may hunker down somewhere thats more sheltered in the woods.

Let me know what you think would be a good grid area to search by car (i..e drive a bit, get out and look around, drive a bit more, repeat) , or head into the trails on foot (maybe that trail near the kennel?).

Does she respond to just calling her name, or is there a command you use (Zoey Come? Zoey Here?) Or what about if she gets a special treat (Zoey want a cookie?).
What about a squeaky toy does she respond to that? or a toy with a bell?

Sharing that same info more publicly on possible search areas may also help increase the chances someone can find her.

Keeping positive thoughts for her safe return!

Attachments

• 1696620029567.png
    1696620029567.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
@jdog - just for some context is this the kennel near where shes been seen? Im not that familiar with the area in general.

View attachment 224432

If my plans change tomorrow I may very well find some time to drive down and help look in the early afternoon. With the rain coming she may hunker down somewhere thats more sheltered in the woods.

Let me know what you think would be a good grid area to search by car (i..e drive a bit, get out and look around, drive a bit more, repeat) , or head into the trails on foot (maybe that trail near the kennel?).

Does she respond to just calling her name, or is there a command you use (Zoey Come? Zoey Here?) Or what about if she gets a special treat (Zoey want a cookie?).
What about a squeaky toy does she respond to that? or a toy with a bell?

Sharing that same info more publicly on possible search areas may also help increase the chances someone can find her.

Keeping positive thoughts for her safe return!
I'm also available if anyone wants to plan an organized search

I've pretty much decided that she will come home when she's good and ready and no sooner. We have some colder weather coming and I'm certain that this will make this game a lot less fun.

It's really odd as she has been by my side nearly all day every day since I got her.

I spoke to a dog trapper at length last night and he is ready to help if I can get he to return consistently to one of the food stations i've setup W camera. So far that hasn't panned out.

The last 2 spots she's been spotted are on Zion and long hill. There were 1/2 a dozen people out all day looking for her for the last few days and she continues to evade us.

A woman on Long hill did send me a video of Zoey sniffing around her yard at 2 am the other day, so I know she's at least still kicking.

Earlier in the week she was on a camera on east mtn road too.

Fun

Back
Top Bottom