XC Mountain Bike Schedule for 2023 (Schedule on 1st Post)

So instead of that promoter putting their own money where their mouth is and donating to USAC, they make everyone else give money to it, even if they don't agree.... Pretty much sums up my disdain for mandates and people who enforce them. Sorry, but I have to disagree and cannot respect that.
Your logic leaves out that the H2H series dies without the support. If he takes his money and just donates to USAC, the H2H series goes away.

This is no different than organizations matching donations.
I think Norm should have said “series sponsor” not promoter. While the promoter is pro-USAC it’s the sponsor who really drives it. That said, it’s not required but most of the races choose to do it aside from the Port Jervis race.

So instead of that promoter putting their own money where their mouth is and donating to USAC, they make everyone else give money to it, even if they don't agree.... Pretty much sums up my disdain for mandates and people who enforce them. Sorry, but I have to disagree and cannot respect that.
The series sponsor that you are referring to has put more time & money into Local Cycling than 90% of riders/racers in this area.

Maybe I'm confused. How is it no different when they're mandating it to participate in an event? They're not asking for a donation to USAC on the registration page. Donations tend to imply a voluntary gift, usually monetary, to an organization they support or believe in. There's a lot of people who do not believe in, or support, the USAC/UCI and also don't care about points.

BTw, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from signing up for h2h. There's no shortage of events, sanctioned or not, for people to choose from.

Maybe I'm confused. How is it no different when they're mandating it to participate in an event? They're not asking for a donation to USAC on the registration page. Donations tend to imply a voluntary gift, usually monetary, to an organization they support or believe in. There's a lot of people who do not believe in, or support, the USAC/UCI and also don't care about points.

BTw, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from signing up for h2h. There's no shortage of events, sanctioned or not, for people to choose from.

Nobody is mandating you race it. Racing is voluntary, just like donating to a non-profit.

And as you have chosen to do, you take your dollars elsewhere, which is your right.

That’s exactly what you trying to do consciously or not. If that wasn’t yours and Dave’s motivation than you would have just kept your opinion to yourself. The fact is that Jshort tried to do something nice and post a list of somewhat local events. Then just like every other year the annual gathering of the He Man USAC/H2H Haters club had to chime in. If you want to bash USAC & H2H start a separate thread so the people that don’t care can ignore it.

Your logic leaves out that the H2H series dies without the support. If he takes his money and just donates to USAC, the H2H series goes away.

Unless of course different insurance option like other series promoters.

That’s exactly what you trying to do consciously or not. If that wasn’t yours and Dave’s motivation than you would have just kept your opinion to yourself. The fact is that Jshort tried to do something nice and post a list of somewhat local events. Then just like every other year the annual gathering of the He Man USAC/H2H Haters club had to chime in. If you want to bash USAC & H2H start a separate thread so the people that don’t care can ignore it.
I am not trying to steer others elsewhere just wishful thinking that things will one day change so I would be more inclined to race H2H. Love the races and promoters but USAC to an extent is a deal breaker for me(atleast when it costs me way more to race one venue than another).

Unless of course different insurance option like other series promoters.

You will note in your Sherlock Holmsian analysis that I never once mentioned insurance. Insurance is not a factor for why he supports USAC.

Zero.dot.zero.

but USAC to an extent is a deal breaker for me(atleast when it costs me way more to race one venue than another

Is the ~$100 a year really a dealbreaker? $100 a year and this opens up the options to participate in a bunch of races. For all the $ spent on bikes, training, gear, kits, etc…. For someone I consider a racer… it just seems odd to get hung up on that.

Is the ~$100 a year really a dealbreaker? $100 a year and this opens up the options to participate in a bunch of races. For all the $ spent on bikes, training, gear, kits, etc…. For someone I consider a racer… it just seems odd to get hung up on that.

People have very strange hangups about money. The difference between paying $3 for a bottle of water or a $3 app.

Paying $50 instead of $40 for a race makes him balk when they're gonna spend $70 in gas to get there, $10 in nutrition, etc. It's absolutely strange.

People have very strange hangups about money. The difference between paying $3 for a bottle of water or a $3 app.

Paying $50 instead of $40 for a race makes him balk when they're gonna spend $70 in gas to get there, $10 in nutrition, etc. It's absolutely strange.

The funny thing is to race Cat 1at Challenger (MASS/non USAC) is $45.
Mayhem (H2H / USAC) Cat 1 is $40.
Jungle (H2H / USAC) Cat 1 is $47.

So per race pricing doesn’t seem like it is terribly impacted by USAC too much. At least from this very small sample size.

Well technically it allows me to buy 2-3 bags of flow so I Candace non usac races that cost less.

You will note in your Sherlock Holmsian analysis that I never once mentioned insurance. Insurance is not a factor for why he supports USAC.

Zero.dot.zero.
This was based off why others switched fromUSAC and sought out other insurance to get away from that umbrella.

You're exactly right. Also why I don't buy new vehicles but have $12k bicycles. The bicycle brings me happiness and the car is just a depreciating asset to drive me 4 miles back and forth to work. I drink Dunkin' because it's cheaper than Starbucks. If gas station coffee is decent I drink that because it's even cheaper. Honestly the only reason I have two homes is hoping that they appreciate and I can leave the kids another asset. Otherwise I'd live in a 600 sq/ft home with a 5000 sq/ft garage.

Did this gripe start from the Dave’s Not Here Short Track from 2019? …Feels like it.
Probably before that. TBH I just wanted to change my name but then decided I wanted to just eliminate my mtbnj account(which would have made so many people happy and this place would be spectacular now) but Norm needed to flex his internet muscles by acting like an 8th grader and changing my name, not cancelling my account and dragging the drama on...oh the irony.

Back
Top Bottom