XC Mountain Bike Schedule for 2023 (Schedule on 1st Post)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The series sponsor that you are referring to has put more time & money into Local Cycling than 90% of riders/racers in this area.
I have no problem with Dave or his company. I just choose to race elsewhere more often because it costs me less. This year and next may be different as I need a USAC license as randomly xc nats are at bear creek and gran fondo nats are in Md. So this year and possibly the next two I will have an annual license. Sort makes all of this a non issue now but I still share things that change where race in hopes that maybe they will once day change.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
For those interested in knowing about the course for Nationals at Bear Creek this summer: I was on most the zoom meeting Last night ( 10 minutes late getting on ), and from what I heard, the amateur course will be slightly changed from 2013/2014. They will be adding some woods trails on the back side and eliminating the bottom tech section. The bottom section will be replaced with a more flow section on the front. While this sounds like the course will not be as technical, Bobby Lea did say that the course will still favor local racers and be challenging. Pro course will be shorter. Young juniors may have shorter course as well. The June 4 MASS race will preview the new course, but it is undecided whether Pros will race nat course or regular course at the Jun 4 race. Bear Creek will be open for pre riding this spring, but will require signing a waiver as part of a yearly pass. Pass could be free or as much as $20. That has not been worked out with the resort yet. I think the meeting was recorded so as soon as a link is available, I will post up.

JDurk

For those interested in knowing about the course for Nationals at Bear Creek this summer: I was on most the zoom meeting Last night ( 10 minutes late getting on ), and from what I heard, the amateur course will be slightly changed from 2013/2014. They will be adding some woods trails on the back side and eliminating the bottom tech section. The bottom section will be replaced with a more flow section on the front. While this sounds like the course will not be as technical, Bobby Lea did say that the course will still favor local racers and be challenging. Pro course will be shorter. Young juniors may have shorter course as well. The June 4 MASS race will preview the new course, but it is undecided whether Pros will race nat course or regular course at the Jun 4 race. Bear Creek will be open for pre riding this spring, but will require signing a waiver as part of a yearly pass. Pass could be free or as much as $20. That has not been worked out with the resort yet. I think the meeting was recorded so as soon as a link is available, I will post up.
I was also on the Zoom meeting last night. 1 thing I'm sure will also be a hot topic that was mentioned, but I have not confirmed it via USAC website. There is no qualification races required, an annual (no day-of) USAC license will be required and racers will self "cat". Not sure how they plan to handle sandbagging.

V-Dub

they race what their license says, maybe 2s and 3s could cheat but 1s and pros will not be able to.... right?

Cassinonorth

After a bunch of waffling I finally nailed down my schedule for this year:

4/16- Peter Pounder XC- Port Jervis, NY
4/30- Iron Furnace Endurance- Wawayanda, NJ
5/13- French Creek XC - Birdsboro, PA
6/4- Bear Creek Challenge- Macungie, PA
6/25- Lewis Morris Challenge- Morristown, NJ
8/7- Boxbaum Bash- Port Jervis, NY

JDurk

After a bunch of waffling I finally nailed down my schedule for this year:

4/16- Peter Pounder XC- Port Jervis, NY
4/30- Iron Furnace Endurance- Wawayanda, NJ
5/13- French Creek XC - Birdsboro, PA
6/4- Bear Creek Challenge- Macungie, PA
6/25- Lewis Morris Challenge- Morristown, NJ
8/7- Boxbaum Bash- Port Jervis, NY
No Granogue?

Ironjunk

Can unlicensed (cat 3) racers choose cat 2 instead of cat 3 to get a longer course. If these races need interest at least give people their moneys worth.

I am almost certain i raced cat 2 in lewis morris with no questions asked just racing once in a while.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can unlicensed (cat 3) racers choose cat 2 instead of cat 3 to get a longer course. If these races need interest at least give people their moneys worth.

I am almost certain i raced cat 2 in lewis morris with no questions a few years ago.
Yes

JDurk

Tag me and I’ll update when I see it.
After some time considering all options, the promoter team of the Hangsterfers Racing Summer Sizzler decided it will remain on July 9th. Results from the poll on the MASS FB page were literally 50/50 to keep the original date or move the date. The Nats event schedule looks like Sunday is Pro Short Track.

Like all MASS races, no USAC license required.

And:
THE CAUSE: #MoreKidsOnBikes
NICA and their mission of #MoreKidsOnBikes is near and dear to our hearts. That is why since 2016, we have donated 100% of race proceeds to New Jersey NICA. Thanks to the financial support of our title sponsor Hangsterfer's Laboratories and our amazing riding community we have raised more than $20,000 for New Jersey’s NICA League and local NICA teams.

Last edited:

Joe J

After some time considering all options, the promoter team of the Hangsterfers Racing Summer Sizzler decided it will remain on July 9th. Results from the poll on the MASS FB page were literally 50/50 to keep the original date or move the date. The Nats event schedule looks like Sunday is Pro Short Track.

Like all MASS races, no USAC license required.

And:
THE CAUSE: #MoreKidsOnBikes
NICA and their mission of #MoreKidsOnBikes is near and dear to our hearts. That is why since 2016, we have donated 100% of race proceeds to New Jersey NICA. Thanks to the financial support of our title sponsor Hangsterfer's Laboratories and our amazing riding community we have raised more than $20,000 for New Jersey’s NICA League and local NICA teams.
Where did you find the Nats schedule?

JDurk

Where did you find the Nats schedule?
During the MASS Zoom meeting discussing Bear Creek Nats, it was only verbal and based on last years schedule. Though many people have requested that recorded Zoom meeting to be shared on the MASS FB page. Haven't seen anything yet. Notable differences from MTB Nats last year at Winter Park, CO. No DH or Enduro at Bear Creek, just XC.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Notable differences from MTB Nats last year at Winter Park, CO. No DH or Enduro at Bear Creek, just XC

This is a good move by USAC IMO. Give each discipline their own time. Plus I’m not sure Bear Creek is really worthy of hosting enduro Nats. It’s not a terrible enduro venue but there’s so many more, better places to host.

Mountain Creek should host DH and Enduro Nats. That would be sick.

Sevenz

This is a good move by USAC IMO. Give each discipline their own time. Plus I’m not sure Bear Creek is really worthy of hosting enduro Nats. It’s not a terrible enduro venue but there’s so many more, better places to host.

Rumor is DH and Enduro Nats will be held down in NC at Neko Mulally's 2 parks...Rock Creek for DH and Kanuga for Enduro.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Rumor is DH and Enduro Nats will be held down in NC at Neko Mulally's 2 parks...Rock Creek for DH and Kanuga for Enduro.
I dont see anything about gravity, DH, enduro on USAC's site....am I missing something?

Cassinonorth

According to the RD I'm 13th in the waitlist for Rattling Marathon on April 2nd. Feel like there's an outside chance I get to race.

JDurk

According to the RD I'm 13th in the waitlist for Rattling Marathon on April 2nd. Feel like there's an outside chance I get to race.
There's definitely a chance. I know 1 of the dudes on our team is still shown on the registered list, but has said he can't make it.

Doesn't help your chances, but I just switched my registration from Endurance 45+ to SS.

Top Bottom