World Cup

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, that was about as exciting a World Cup final as you are ever going to see. Kudos to both teams for not sitting back and playing a boring game, too afraid to make a mistake. And speaking of mistakes, oh man, what a goal by Mandzukic chasing down the goalie. If Croatia could have gotten a third goal after that, the end of the game would have been ridiculously tense. I guess three games in a row going to extra time wore on them too much though, and you could see they had nothing left at the end. Congrats to Modric for getting the golden ball for being the best player of the tournament. Well deserved.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, that was about as exciting a World Cup final as you are ever going to see. Kudos to both teams for not sitting back and playing a boring game, too afraid to make a mistake. And speaking of mistakes, oh man, what a goal by Mandzukic chasing down the goalie. If Croatia could have gotten a third goal after that, the end of the game would have been ridiculously tense. I guess three games in a row going to extra time wore on them too much though, and you could see they had nothing left at the end. Congrats to Modric for getting the golden ball for being the best player of the tournament. Well deserved.
Yeah, that was a great game, and Croatia really had a hell of a tournament. Would have liked to see them win but they have nothing to be ashamed of.

We enjoyed the game
IMG_1792.JPG

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
You nailed it @JimN. About 20 mins left after 2nd Croatia goal. There was time to score. One more goal and it would been craaaazy.

Very exciting World Cup. With not many ties during first round. Just one 0-0. Lots of last minute nail biters. Some OT and PK. Many goals and some really nice ones.

And remember.....Back in June 21.... ;)

I didnt post this here before, but watch out with the dark horse Croatia....some peeps have Belgium as Dark Horse, but Croatia's mid field is pretty much REAL MADRID and BARCELONA with Modric and Rakitic......and then you can add the Juventus and Inter strikers Mandzukik and Perisik.....this is a fucking nice team with zero hype and zero pressure.......

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So I’m sitting here watching the FIFA Women’s Word Cup match between the Netherlands and Cameroon and having not seen Cameroon (as far as I can recall) I was curious first, where on the continent is Cameroon and second what each team was ranked going into the tournament. The geographic location makes sense based on the dress of the fan base, similar to Nigeria..... but the rankings was a surprise. I realize that exposure to regular international play of European based teams gives FIFA has to rank them higher but play I’m seeing on the field is not representative of an 8th vs 46th. It’s 1:1 43 min in and frankly Cameroon is out hustling NED. CMR does not have a deep team and their starting squad seem several years older than their NED counterparts but they are tenacious. It’ll never come down to it.... but teams that play like CMR give the US problems.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Not watching much WWC
But copa de oro and copa America just started.

Messi and Argentina just lost 2-0 to Colombia. Fucking Messi will never win an international tourney with the senior team. (Not counting olympics)

Top Bottom