Winter riding shoes

GTECH

This will be my first season of serious winter riding. I am considering sidi or lake winter riding shoes. are there any pros or cons to these brands. I was told the lakes have problems with there boa system? are there any bike shops in nj that stock winter shoes? thanks for any input.

I wear my mtb shoes year round, just buy some covers its cheaper. I wear my mtb shoes on the road also

I wear Specialized Defrosters as my Winter shoes. They work, my feet stay warm, they are relatively light and racey versus some of the others which are bulkier, more like hiking boots.

The reason for my previous post: There used to be a thread about Winter Shoes a few years ago that exploded and was one of the epic periods of time on this website during one very cold dull winter.

Lakes, never had a problem with the boa system in 3 years of riding them.

YMMV, of course.

And....try not to do it. Please. Please. It's not winter yet. It's 40+ degrees out during the day. Not time for this yet. Is it?

Men-Viola-and-Mulberry-Baya-Fleece-Clog-_12545_54S_ALT100.jpg

I have had the Lakes for about 8 years and they are just as good as the day I bought them. They are the best cycling purchase I have ever made and I have made a lot of cycling purchases.

I have the Lakes, they are very warm, and waterproof. Feel like "Herman Munster boots while I am riding though.

I've had my Sidi Storms for about 13 years now and love 'em. I had originally purchased the Lakes but had to return them as they didn't fit (I have size 48-50 feet). Storms came in sizes up to 52. Being older models, my Sidi's have the hard plastic soles, which aren't ideal for slippery terrain. If they ever wear out, I'd either go for Sidi's again with rubber soles, or Specialized (my summer shoes are all Specialized...love the fit on those).

Lakes are fantastic (and the warmest), but I switched to the Shimano MW81... can't go wrong with either...

was gonna buy those wolfhammers by 45nrth but tried a pair of shimao mv81 and very happy ...they are sick....

Back
Top Bottom