Winter Gear

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The Gore Tool glove is super nice. The Countdown I found to be a bit warmer overall but the Tool is the perfect glove for that chilly late fall, early spring ride. I wouldnt take the Tool glove out if temps were below 35-40, you'll freeze. The Tool breathes better. Tool jacket is beautiful and the Gore Vista Windstopper tights are second to none. You guys have been great, thanks.

so what temp would you say the Countdown gloves go down too?

walter

Fourth Party
I use the Gore Radiator gloves, and they were awesome this past weekend for the 8 degree ride at 6 Mile. The tips of my right thumb and index finger were cold right in the beginning but after we started riding and after I loosened up my grip on the bars, all was dandy. I will say again that even in these cold temps, the Lake boots paired with one pair of Woolie Boolies worked wonderfully. Nice and toastey.

I don't have any of the Gore clothing only because I have a boat load of PI and Craft stuff that works well, but when its time to do some winter clothes shopping, Gore will be on my list.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I use the Gore Radiators as well and have been overy impressed. I have not found the lower limit for the mtb (coldest was maybe 15 and I was fine), but for the road, I would say it is maybe 17 degrees.

mtnbiker5

Countdown Glove

I had the countdown's on last week when temps hovered around 25-30 degrees. For the most part my hands were warm and I am pretty sensitive to cold. One of my fingers got a little cold at one point but warmed up a little later. I did not use liners or anything. Very surprised because its a pretty thin glove. I dont know what it is, the Gor-tex maybe, I dont know but they worked.

I'll tell you what these gloves are fantastic for also is cold weather golf. No joke. Out of the two I'd still say the Tool glove is much nicer. Its a fantastic product. Nice sticky's on the palm and fingers, warm, feels great, good velcro around the wrist. I picked mine up a backcountry.com

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
A little trick...

I use a pretty thin winter glove. It's only slightly warmer than a standard full-finger MTB summer glove. By itself my hands get cold around 30 degrees or so. There is a little trick I've come up with that gets it down into the 20's. I slip a pair of surgical/mechanic gloves under them. They're still super-thin and the rubber gloves block the wind all together. It has to be pretty cold though otherwise you're hands will sweat.

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

I have three pairs of gloves that have done me very well to get through this winter.

Salsa TOASTADA THREE-FINGER glove: Windblocker, super warm well into the teens. Too warm above freezing.

Pearl Izumi (IDK the name Ben has them as well) Warmest gloves ever. Hands were sweating on the road in 15* cold.

Gore Radiator: Everyone here knows how good they are. Bottom line is they rock.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Was out in single digits this past weekend and no problems keeping warm. Even had to drop a layer. First time ever to have very happy feet, thanks to the Lake shoes. I give them a :)x10 rating.

Sugoi firewall gloves keeping my fingers happy, but many gloves will work fine as long as they windproof and not too tight.

Thanks for your tip Jim, I may try that for photography days.

Top Bottom