Wildlife

I couldn't decide whether this belonged in the "roadie pricks" thread or this one. Got one-two punched by wildlife on today's ride - first I run over a stupid squirrel who couldn't decide which way to go - pretty sure I snapped his spine, then literally a minute later on the same road, a bee lands on my stomach and stings me. And it wasn't like it landed on me, then stung me while I tried to swat it away - I didn't even know it was on me until it stung - felt like an electric shock. NJ hates me - wtf!

media

I couldn't decide whether this belonged in the "roadie pricks" thread or this one. Got one-two punched by wildlife on today's ride - first I run over a stupid squirrel who couldn't decide which way to go - pretty sure I snapped his spine, then literally a minute later on the same road, a bee lands on my stomach and stings me. And it wasn't like it landed on me, then stung me while I tried to swat it away - I didn't even know it was on me until it stung - felt like an electric shock. NJ hates me - wtf!

media

Better than the other way around. :)

Saw a coyote
Really
During a night ride in the east brunswick area
Lock up your kitty cats

There's been a pack of them howling in my back yard every night and all night for over a month now...some nights they yip and bark for hours, other nights they howl. The sound penetrates the walls it's so loud. I can still hear them while I'm in the shower!

Not complaining though. I'd rather listen to the sounds of nature than the sound of human things.

Saw a coyote
Really
During a night ride in the east brunswick area
Lock up your kitty cats

I saw a single coyote about a month ago while on a run with my Vizsla in the middle of the day. It was in a small wooded area between three neighborhoods. The coyote was about the same size as my dog, 40-50 lbs. Just looked at us a trotted the other way.

I called the police to let them know what I saw and they said they had reports of them allover and had ZERO concern. Just avoid them and they will avoid you I guess.

Back
Top Bottom