Wildcat: Crowd Sourced Trail Maintenance

kaitlyn

Hey peeps. I found a trail down on the Oreland W&N on the way to Oreland. I know how to use a chainsaw, I just don't have one. Been meaning to plug into trailwork now that I'm vaccinated, so could use some deets if there are any.
PXL_20210509_153421608.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I found a trail down on the Oreland W&N on the way to Oreland. I know how to use a chainsaw, I just don't have one.

This will be taken care of once our resident expert's knee feels better after a close encounter with a rock, followed by another close encounter with a different rock.

Been meaning to plug into trailwork now that I'm vaccinated, so could use some deets if there are any.

Most TM here is somewhat ad hoc and not really posted, but how do you feel about carrying lumber?

kaitlyn

This will be taken care of once our resident expert's knee feels better after a close encounter with a rock, followed by another close encounter with a different rock.

Most TM here is somewhat ad hoc and not really posted, but how do you feel about carrying lumber?

I can hoof some, but I'm a theatrical carpenter, so my real skills are in putting it together instead of lugging it around. But if I had access to a chainsaw I could take care of the tree.

Also, those pesky rocks in chunktown. Mopes.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But if I had access to a chainsaw I could take care of the tree.

Only the experts are allowed to use chainsaws, hand saws only for us normal people. We'll do a few days of overgrowth trimming this summer though I'm sure, I'll post up about it and let you know.

dmkalemba

yesterday i came across downed trees that require some power equipment. 1 on the spine (white) and 2 on Meriden (teal) right next to each other by the 2 climbs between new way down and the climb to the rock garden section?. Think there was one on revived righter mine too.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a tree down on white...from the hawkwatch down to the rockgarden...about halfway down the hill, will need the chainsaw.

Will

medium tree down on yellow between upper hibernia and dam on one of the go arounds, not the go around with the long rock roller, the other one

Will

Not sure what go around you're talking about, but we'll check it out. And by we, I mean Dan.
not sure it's a go around but it's where the single track leaves the double track and then comes back in a few 100 yards or so

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
not sure it's a go around but it's where the single track leaves the double track and then comes back in a few 100 yards or so

Oh yeah, I know what you are talking about. We actually rode that Wednesday night and saw that tree, totally forgot. We'll definitely take care of that one. You come up on it pretty quick!

@Wrong Way Dan - "We" need to take care of that tree.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh yeah, I know what you are talking about. We actually rode that Wednesday night and saw that tree, totally forgot. We'll definitely take care of that one. You come up on it pretty quick!

@Wrong Way Dan - "We" need to take care of that tree.
did "we" take care of this?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions