Wild Cat Wednesday!

Yeah that's the one. When did you last ride it?

It's been a while. Probably before COVID, maybe significantly longer. I remember a nice techy intro, the drop-in (didn't do, but would, at least easy to say typing from a keyboard), followed by a couple of switchbacks on a VERY rocky descent.

Edit: May 9, 2020 (it started snowing!); drop-in below

1623702602826.png

Last edited:
For those who don’t want to do the “not right in the head” 17 mile ride….I’ll do something more manageable tonight

For those who don’t want to do the “not right in the head” 17 mile ride….I’ll do something more manageable tonight

That's fine, but FYI we're only doing like 10 miles tonight, not counting the pre-ride.

So we are NOT going out the new crazy hard spot?

@JimN that section of Dark Blue has always been one of my favs. Nice easy lead in, small bush whack, sweet drop, gnarly rock garden.

Last edited:
So we are NOT going out the <redacted>?

No, we don't have the time to do that. I didn't realize you thought that was happening tonight when we were talking about it the other day. My plan is to go up orange to yellow, up to wild blue, stay on blue and cross the river, climb out the rail bed to the reservoir and go up splitrock rd, take blue to the old righter mine single track and go halfway down, turn left onto blue (the section that was recently cleared), down to the rail bed, down to meriden, and then take beach glen back. Pre-ride we're doing white the hard way out and back, but others can go up the normal way and meet us near the hawk watch and just come back down white the "easy" way with us.

Last edited:
Nice easy lead in, small bush whack, sweet drop, gnarly rock garden

Yeah, no bush whacking anymore though. I think the last time I rode it (other than this past weekend) was a Wildcat Wednesday back in 2018. Pretty sure it was your idea.

Well, that was awesome. I'm not sure how we're gonna one-up that for my birthday this year, but I guess we've got two months to figure it out.
will it involve chipwich or some else crazy you want me to make

Back
Top Bottom