Who's that Drop?

Do I have as much political capital as those other members nope, but you can't stand up to one thing and turn your back to others hahahaha it's ok to make fun of him but if he says anything a mm out of line let's blow it up.

It’s about the children.

and you’ve seen me draw a hard line.

Can we get back to the drops, honestly they scare the poop out of me so I would love a list with pics

Anyone remember the giant old school drops on the DuPont property up by ramapo? Been awhile but the last time I was there you could see the remnants.

Last edited:
There are a few at Sourlands but it's not really the place I think of for drops. Ringwood Skylands trail comes to mind. Oh and there are like 2-3 in a row right at the bottom of Orange at Dickerson Mine.

Ringwood has a few small-mid sized drops. Someone already mentioned the drop at the top of Warm Puppy, probably 4-5 feet but really tough to find unless you know where to look. There's also a smaller 3ish footer further down Warm Puppy that keeps getting blocked off by people. The trail makes a hard left turn, but if you go straight there's a little drop to flat that essentially cuts the turn. People that know the trail probably know what I'm talking about.

There are also a few little really fun rock kickers/drops on 6 Bridges trail in Ringwood. It's nice because they start out relatively small and get bigger. You can hit them all with decent speed and they all have go-arounds, really well planned as part of the trail. The last one is probably a 4-footer to flat, really fun but watch your landing.

Last time I rode 6 Bridges was probably 3 years ago though, so stuff might have changed.

I think the best way to get comfortable with drops is to ride properly built drops with properly built landings. Ride with someone that knows the terrain and follow their speed. Spend a day at MCBP, there's all kinds of progression there from little drops you could roll to 20+ footers.

Last time I rode 6 Bridges was probably 3 years ago though, so stuff might have changed.
Funny, but 6 bridges and double S just got some TM love. Knowing the RW crew, it should be worth a revisit.

Hit the pump track and spend a few hours learning to jump tables, and double small rollers. Start somewhere small like West Milford before hitting PJ though. There a few smaller drops at Wayway I can show you, if can ever get out at a reasonable hour..lol.

I have to say, jumps and drops are 2 completely different things and there are 2 very different techniques. Being comfortable in the air and not panicking do apply to both tho

Good to know. Last time I was there it looked lost to time.
Oh yeah. Land of the Lost for sure.
5AE9F47F-29CF-4616-AE10-BB1FE295596D.jpeg

I have to say, jumps and drops are 2 completely different things and there are 2 very different techniques. Being comfortable in the air and not panicking do apply to both tho
True, but terrain being equal, the height of the drop is irrelevant (except for the voice in your head). Like at @Mathers said, build a ramp. Or practice dropping off curbs and obstacles near your normal riding/trails. When you get muscle memory for the timing, body position and pedals, you’re now a Jedi.

There's a nice retaining wall drop at highpoint. Right next to a building too.

Back
Top Bottom