Who likes to smoke their meat?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That's an interesting concept. Like a pellet stove but with charcoal. The benefits of a pellet stove with the taste of charcoal.

I think this could be my only grill/smoker

i always wanted a flat top for the things that fall through!
this is an interesting concept!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For those considering smoker/grill in one, CampChef models are worth a look-
Pellet for the smoke, side propane sear box. And pretty good bang for your buck.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I have a similar one. The window will soon be covered in black and once it gets real smokey you can't see anything anyway. And I hates the blue tooth and never use it anymore. Smoker works great otherwise
I already realized the blue tooth only works when you're practically standing over top of it. How about the internal probe thermometer, is it accurate?

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the ease of the pellet smoker means it gets used waaaaay more often.
Forgot to get a shot of the chickuns with the kielbasa, but that’s my signature dish rn. Dry rub, couple hours (or more depending on the party) at 180*, then a sauce glaze and finish on the grill.

That’s Tesla jalapeño cheddar kielbasa from a local farm.
22E954EA-4A1E-4550-95BA-AD6EBDCFAF3A.jpeg

34735017-296A-4C81-8D91-AB8DAE64452B.jpeg

BDB6643B-0288-40E6-8977-2E5544A3D4FE.jpeg

A44B39EC-C47C-44A6-B16F-ABF2A2DEAFBA.jpeg

I’ve done thicker burgers the same: smoke low and slow then finish on the grill.
I’m not sure I’m on board yet with wood flavor on them though.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Any recommendations for a quicker method than 3-2-1 for St. Louis Ribs? I have a few racks for tomorrow, but I'd like to get in a decent ride first.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any recommendations for a quicker method than 3-2-1 for St. Louis Ribs? I have a few racks for tomorrow, but I'd like to get in a decent ride first.
Get up earlier. Lol.
I don’t 3-2-1, but always budget 4.5-6 hours.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been wanting to try this- hot smoked salmon.
8A8B5E65-241D-4DA9-B6EC-A98BD3263EE7.jpeg
Gross grain mustard and brown sugar, apple wood. Pulled it at 140* internal- I fucked around, about to find out.

Complimented with grilled eggplant chips and corn.
30271394-D7CC-449B-830B-88938DC8FEE1.jpeg

Edit: I will no longer cook salmon any other way.
AD1B8437-26F1-4FE2-BC24-71A04EEDE0EB.jpeg

Last edited:

qclabrat

Increase temps during the Texas crutch phase. Add some apple juice/coke to the wrap to compensate with the higher temperatures. When strapped for time this is my formula: smoke 250F for 90mins, crutch 300F for 2 hrs, 250F for 30-45mins. At the regular 3, 2, 1 I keep it stable at 225F

Top Bottom